Super Splitter Bearings and Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new bearing on top of the beam did the trick. My old one still rolled, but it was rough enough to cause a problem. I spray the bearings all the time, mostly with PB Blaster, as it doesn't attract too much dirt.

IMO, a different bearing on top of the beam would be welcomed, or maybe a small wheel. The bearing is just too small and any gunk can cause problems with it rolling or getting jammed up.
Yep, that one bearing is key to positive returns.

I've not had any trouble there, but did have to replace the cam bearing. Upgraded to the multi-bearing deal.

I'd race ya! Next time your in the Milwaukee area, we can go heads up.

In fact, I'll give you the win if you can lift 2 of my rounds onto your table!

As long as you can't use your log lift Ill take that bet...oh and just to make it fair-er..we both only get one gallon of gas...and half the cord is 20 ft away...and we only get to spend a total of $3000 to purchase....or we can spend exactly the same money and I get two SS to your one TW...

if we have to same $ to spend I'm buying an old tractor to load your rounds with and beer to drink while I watch you push your TW around the yard by hand.... :)

how many minutes ya think ya can run on a gallon of gas in that beast ? :rolleyes:

As long as you can't use your log lift Ill take that bet...oh and just to make it fair-er..we both only get one gallon of gas...and half the cord is 20 ft away...and we only get to spend a total of $3000 to purchase....or we can spend exactly the same money and I get two SS to your one TW...

if we have to same $ to spend I'm buying an old tractor to load your rounds with and beer to drink while I watch you push your TW around the yard by hand.... :)

how many minutes ya think ya can run on a gallon of gas in that beast ? :rolleyes:
Now your coming up with all these rules. I'm thinking stock vs stock.

I'm 240 lbs dry, so rolling the rounds or the machine is no big deal. Picking them up, not so much, but that's what the lift is for. Don't worry, you can use yours too!

Dunno about the gallon of gas. But I'll be so far ahead by the time I run out, I'll have a case of beer down and be ready for a nap. You'll have to let me know how it turns out.

You can bring 3 SS' s, but you have to try to run them all by yourself. That should be a sweet YouTube video!

But stock for stock im $4000 ahead before you run out of that gallon of gas....

Im thinking you might not have that much time behind a SS...i have many hours behind a TW-6 .
Both machines are very well built for their intended purpose...one for shear brute strength and one for straight up maximum efficiency and simplicity...the speed contests depend on the set ups at the sites. But trust me if i have the same $ dollars to spend and a limited amount of time it will be a lot closer then you think.

My ultimate set up is a TW 5 side by side with a SS. With a conveyor off the SS into a dump truck...

I'm running into a conveyor to a huge pile. Without the conveyor, I needed 2 guys to stack and they couldn't keep up for long.

Dang didnt mean to turn this into a "My Richard is bigger than YOUR Richard kinda thing! WAs just pokin a little fun at the SS guys is all!

Ted

Haha, that's funny you would say that. Every youtube video I've seen of a SS has nothing but splitter trash coming out of it! My owb would laugh at the crap you call firewood.

Haha, that's funny you would say that. Every youtube video I've seen of a SS has nothing but splitter trash coming out of it! My owb would laugh at the crap you call firewood.

...OWB ??? Well that explains everything....you dont need to "split" wood...you just wanna "scare" it into pieces that fit in the front door of that beast....

How about making it more interesting. Lets make the pieces around 24 inches long. ;)

Latest posts

Back