Super Splitter Bearings and Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2345584C-6EEB-4E21-A101-F0B5D9533D74_zpsjqo6ze8q.jpg
Thats my splitter trash pile from a little over a half cord yesterday..granted white ash is straight and clean splitting.

That whole pile looks like splitter trash. I'd split those baby rounds in half an call it good.

Think "fine wine"....not "moonshine" ...wife and kids load fireplace. 10 y/o son helps load dump truck ect. All purely fun and games..

If you could just figure out a Way to connect the splitter directly to the OWB you'll be golden...maybe a conveyor run right into the OWB. ?

My firewood has to age ...next to the oak barrels like single malt...hehe.

That whole pile looks like splitter trash. I'd split those baby rounds in half an call it good.

You and me both! I do split smaller when it's going in the barn as I don't know whether Dad or I'll get it. Split 2 1/2 - 3 cord this morning AND loaded one load in about 3 hours, by myself. Bigger size makes it go pretty fast.

MVC-001S_3.JPG

MVC-008S_1.JPG

MVC-014S_1.JPG

In all seriousness, I have nothing against the super splits. It just doesn't suit my needs. Splitting the bigger stuff calls for something else for me.

Kevin, looks like you could really use some helper springs under the rear of the poor truck!

It's a 1/2 ton, that's what the spring bump stops are for! Moving these loads about 150 feet so no big deal. That truck has hauled a LOT of wood in it's day. Has over 300,000 miles now and is just a chore truck, it owes me nothing.

Last edited:
I'll agree, your ss seems pretty nice for what it does. I think you'd have a pretty hard time getting someone to trade you for there large hyd splitter.

Im a free market, milton friedman, adam smith kinda guy...

Why are there so many used TW's on the open market and you almost never hear of a used SS for sale...?

Ive looked at 5 TW's in the last few months and have not seen a used SS in the last few years in the same search area ? Yes there are a lot more TW's manufactured and sold but i also say many were purchased for the wrong expectations and sold off to recoup $... I see many more FS with less then 100 hours then more then 1000 hours. Many SS's have been run by the same owners for 20-30 years....farmers will sooner sell a tractor then a SS....and they will unload a hydro faster then an old bull.

I became aware of the Super Split around 14 years ago and started looking for a used one. Found a few in use around here, but never found one for sale. One very large processor down the road here had 3 hydros for years, then got a SS 5-6 years ago. Now has no hydros and two SS splitters.

Not saying anything wrong with hydros', but they are not the best fit for 'stove wood'. Better suited for OWB monster wood eaters and the like. :)

Back