Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I was just giving you a hard time, Jerry. It is an shaker. Wish mine was a little cleaner. Don't want to restore it. Is the one you've never gassed up restored or original? Bet its a looker.

The 041`s have been around here forever, I never really wanted one but ended up with 4 of them. One really nice one Ron sent me. I got one given to me from a surgeon who did start it once in his backyard but thought it was too dangerous to use, dumped the gas and put it back into its case. He passed away and his wife brought it up here one summer to give to me as I looked after their summer property for them and they knew I liked Stihl chainsaws.

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the jug so much if they weren't so hard to come by ! I just plain lucked into that one so cheap !

If the compression gets too high you can just make a thicker base gasket, I had to put a .010 gasket into mine to get it back down to 220 lbs but I checked it just after cutting up several cords of wood lately and its back up to 225 and holding around there for now.It did not slow it down one bit by putting in a base gasket. By raising the cylinder and giving it a squish of .025 along with raising the exhaust roof by the same amount it might just have sped that saw up a little, like around 500-700 RPM.

Ran into a problem with the new jug for the 5000,squish is .045 ! Thought I better check compression while I was at it , 170 ! LOL

So do I shave it down or leave it alone ? The ports look real nice just as they. I know the compression will come up a little,maybe 180.

Stihl not sure yet ?

:help:

Zat .045 with a stock gasket???.....

Been busy as all get out with blueberry bloom and grading these past few weeks. The light is at the end of the tunnel! Not only for grading and research but for my degree. This time next year (give or take a few months) I will be Dr. PB. :)

Been busy as all get out with blueberry bloom and grading these past few weeks. The light is at the end of the tunnel! Not only for grading and research but for my degree. This time next year (give or take a few months) I will be Dr. PB. :)

Good to hear from you Lee.....Glad all is well....like you aren't busy enough with "petit Beers"...LOL!!! We gotts ta get some saw time in before long....I've been busy as heck and likely to be so for another three weeks to a month..as many hrs as I can stand....all gravy work....for way good $$$$......can't ignore this job!!!!

I is workin a couple hours of OT tonight......

Everybody done up and left

Now I is alls alone:msp_sad:

Latest posts

Back