Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay!

My package arrived!!

Put on the b/c put some fuel and oil in it and fired it up

It's a screamin mother!

Oh yes I'm gonna like it!!!!!!

Go find some wood tomorrow!

Thanks John!

Yay!

My package arrived!!

Put on the b/c put some fuel and oil in it and fired it up

It's a screamin mother!

Oh yes I'm gonna like it!!!!!!

Go find some wood tomorrow!

Thanks John!

Glad you like it ! Kinda thought you would. :hmm3grin2orange:

It is one super fun saw ! I did run it just a little ! LOL
I wanted to see it put to some use, I sure haven't been doing anything ! Just to much fun to leave sit around !
And I can always get another one of them easy nuff. LOL

Even bribed him with one of my knives to do it. LOL

Nothing worse than waiting on parts from 3 different places......not looking like I'll get much fixed this weekend.

Looking forward to having a house and not relying on the apt office being open so I can get my package. Although I'm screwed when something comes and needs a signature....

Glad you like it ! Kinda thought you would. :hmm3grin2orange:

It is one super fun saw ! I did run it just a little ! LOL
I wanted to see it put to some use, I sure haven't been doing anything ! Just to much fun to leave sit around !
And I can always get another one of them easy nuff. LOL

Even bribed him with one of my knives to do it. LOL

You ever tach it to see what rpms it's runnin at?

Likely for the best, .I like to look at my 041`s but don`t crave running them.

Not a saw I like , but I stihl haven't tried one with a bow yet. LOL Stihl have that monster Poulan with a bow and the baby Pioneer with a bow. I will try the Pioneer someday soon ? And the Poulan way latter on. LOL

Also why I gave away that last 014AV I had ! LOL My buddy has been out using it already ! Loves the ugly heavy thing ! LOL

Last edited:
Ran into a problem with the new jug for the 5000,squish is .045 ! Thought I better check compression while I was at it , 170 ! LOL

So do I shave it down or leave it alone ? The ports look real nice just as they. I know the compression will come up a little,maybe 180.

Stihl not sure yet ?

:help:

Likely for the best, .I like to look at my 041`s but don`t crave running them.

I don't know whats wrong with yours but I love running mine.....might be a different story if it had a straight guide bar. I've only ever run it with the bow. Always starts on 3-4 pulls cold and 1-2 warm. Not too heavy either. At least not for how I'm using it. No, its no modern saw, but I like it.

Reason I am thing about shaving it down now is my buddy stihl has his lathe all set up to do it right now.

Wonder how much the comp would be if squish was at .020?

Will you run into timing issues turning .025 off the base?

I don't know whats wrong with yours but I love running mine.....might be a different story if it had a straight guide bar. I've only ever run it with the bow. Always starts on 3-4 pulls cold and 1-2 warm. Not too heavy either. At least not for how I'm using it. No, its no modern saw, but I like it.

Nothing wrong with mine Mark,..they are what they are. The 041`s are the shakers of the Stihl lineup, they vibrate themselves so bad that most of them with a 1000 hrs or more on them all have elongated through holes and or stripped out screw threads. If all securing screws are kept tight from new they last the longest but the operator has to keep checking often to keep them tight. I run one or more of them occasionally and one I have never gassed up.

Nothing wrong with mine Mark,..they are what they are. The 041`s are the shakers of the Stihl lineup, they vibrate themselves so bad that most of them with a 1000 hrs or more on them all have elongated through holes and or stripped out screw threads. If all securing screws are kept tight from new they last the longest but the operator has to keep checking often to keep them tight. I run one or more of them occasionally and one I have never gassed up.

Haha I was just giving you a hard time, Jerry. It is an shaker. Wish mine was a little cleaner. Don't want to restore it. Is the one you've never gassed up restored or original? Bet its a looker.

Back