Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big guy, just laying back taking it easy,

NTJNhJRcz_Zct1GhdnGUZhjSTZz8go9eJt8GKMr-km9OlPJvTznpb-_LBsCWz9GSIAxxhc2G3qqXX_GpH9FVCN8mKYeisVCJH-pxPSdy30WeIpGp9qVtfkxSl8cbuXef0g-xXSzVEQbuU9FOyDbQsEl8jjkXjTHFlQNrEkE4tW1Oi-b8bWlpA60flG1BTRd1L9YK6idNacoYzs6FDf47Bakh7PBP6k6T8CYVOJb-_LDS5N6XanrV-F4lpSYarxt2TK1KmljamejjY0sjXnxEH_bD5XpbJIdhnOs-0Htp7vrKFPxGYnJIwK74BPm-NjT8U9ztKWTc0ztZZsKDw8pKk-umgQuAlmHMyBoKj4vVHhmBSurKanRslNLlzpWk2uVrEvJzHT-w9C9CWzYbD0I1x5Eu5ZkYMpxQd2b7eLCKou1bOs8o6RwOQ8eUDOKuHjXzoB9ixFmu80qDs_Wgj2dJr2KEBw-mo7reMa86QE8RDQQ6KO8s0GgHQTX4867jWmpRPpecVOmSgdN2OVQRL0YK2ZlhASp0D-qmC0GQoWTBFfu34nTOTknZ5dCoJjE3ZXN6ebFB6gRN068DSKnSIiq29-DScJvj47S_Ovk818JK81AVKw=w1707-h959-no

wk5Z93G_4fMGNJ_oL1WLzG5b1IXOxIJ35j3kj_-vp96Kvb-TY1JQ-acW-Evs8SdqnyQ1qqLWPCdYfskih8iDzEVkZXq6HocND7Fhpq1VUSo8mcEi15athtXZVnA03V1qv4r6nzi5o0Jk50OSVDWP4tJVao6ogYuaa54kYuG0DtZO_RlNKwag4pkHz3g-6arKN3PDKZAENgRq7IrTPZGZxl-onvWurCs1aCUg0K5cVcfdOc8VTvFrus20HzQQ9lkR373-QMl09hnAfLHYaQDT16HQudoFymZ1sHvo4n4awx22M46DT-mG06wjscVTPB0pCzqdpXEPpSNTvduU1-ae5XaRZtPhJtnELnN444QMrCEW6MBKzAZyEvGZuiRBoHqVZN6ILcwJrpRXHrh70zGywrvho6o7rbZLqMTueJBzWYilsPrp2D5pTti4c1JeiCAZiM-x9idY5d9Ntc5J9WsH6OgsMH-JmV1W8UFzEjpyANvqqWNQNqbTiK7cLXe2sCgKeEf-0RGmU1iJFLaroqml1YPFQAEK6xTi2LV6kwF71-R2FeSiPvwILEWUetcab2huvmyNyoFl82gL1i2ayuu7by5yaVG8dxHWsYznutaQ4g=w1707-h959-no

Good progress today as well on the miserable device.....2-3 trips to the NAPA store......geeeehawdamn fan belts are $26 these daze.......fer' a simple fanbelt.......!!! $%*&^@#$$!.......you realize that computes out to three sixpacs of 16 oz, tall green canz???? PER FANBELT Damn good she only gotts two. AND that's 'Merican too!!! Anyway.......

Jeep install 005.JPG Jeep install 006.JPG Jeep install 007.JPG Jeep install 010.JPG Jeep install 013.JPG

Looks like you bout got it done . :happybanana:

That PBR looks outta place ? LOL

Hmmmm...yep I know.....the damn store was out of tall green canz.....well almost.....they had a sixer with one missing......never buy like that......they charge you by the apiece.....5 beers cost a dollah more than a sixpak......ain't doing that......pffffft....

Today I'll be finishing up in the engine compartment on the miserable device......had to order the top radiator hose....old one was really soft/squishy......had to replace the power steering return line yesterday...wasn't leaking but was badly dried out and cracked.......much easier to replace this kind of stuff here with the NAPA store a haff mile away......rather than a 10 mile ocean trip each way. The NAPA store in Stonington is right at the head of the fisherman's dock so at least that's handy.....once you get there......they will also send parts down on the mailboat if the call is made at the right time.
After the rest of mechanicals installed then time to sort out the 'lectrics......gonna end up with a huge pile of torn out
/cut off and capped wires/plugs.....only need 7 wires to operate everything......got about a hundred....may get onto the exhaust system today......hope so......once that is built I can try a startup......Comp cams directs me to break the cam/lifters in as per their directions......at start up immediately run her up to 1500-2000 rpm and run at that rpm steadily for 30 minutes.....shut off...dump oil and filter....refill with fresh oil/new filter and good to go....this part of the project is nearing the end......I hope.....

Today I'll be finishing up in the engine compartment on the miserable device......had to order the top radiator hose....old one was really soft/squishy......had to replace the power steering return line yesterday...wasn't leaking but was badly dried out and cracked.......much easier to replace this kind of stuff here with the NAPA store a haff mile away......rather than a 10 mile ocean trip each way. The NAPA store in Stonington is right at the head of the fisherman's dock so at least that's handy.....once you get there......they will also send parts down on the mailboat if the call is made at the right time.
After the rest of mechanicals installed then time to sort out the 'lectrics......gonna end up with a huge pile of torn out
/cut off and capped wires/plugs.....only need 7 wires to operate everything......got about a hundred....may get onto the exhaust system today......hope so......once that is built I can try a startup......Comp cams directs me to break the cam/lifters in as per their directions......at start up immediately run her up to 1500-2000 rpm and run at that rpm steadily for 30 minutes.....shut off...dump oil and filter....refill with fresh oil/new filter and good to go....this part of the project is nearing the end......I hope.....

You could do away with the signal lights,brake lights and even the headlights to save wire n lectricity, save,save save.....LOL

You could do away with the signal lights,brake lights and even the headlights to save wire n lectricity, save,save save.....LOL

LOL......I'm all good with lights, gauges wipers etc.....but man, I sure can do away with all this underhood extra junk wiring.....that's 'spose make it run better....NOT!!!!!

My Uncle Morton had one of those...cast iron str 6! Remember the windshield wiper in the back window as a kid!

There is one of these Marlins still rolling around the roads up here,see it most every summer, been re powered with a GM 283 automatic but still unrestored original body, same color and graphics of the one below,

rambler-marlin-ad-1.jpg

I also know of a guy that had a mint black Marlin, always garage kept and looked after but he stupidly took it to work one day to show it off, he was a bricklayer and the forklift operator on that job managed to tip a full pallet of bricks right off the highest lift position that the off road forklift could reach. The full pallet of brick when right through the roof and back window of that car, sure made a mess of er!

Back