Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas Unc!!!!! We'll be leaving this frozen waste land day after tomorrow......go back north where it's warm!!!!!
So it looks fairly cold from your posts, and we have had a very cold spell here in the mild maritime climate of the UK . what do you and others here think of Dr John Christy's arguments which I find persuasive

Tried to post this ovah there , but won't let me.
Nice new shelf my kids got me. Has a card you swipe over the top of it to pop it open. I really like this !!!
Thats a painting of my cat the exchange student from Hong Kong did. Sis had her do it for me. She studied some kind of graphics stuff ? She does illustrations for books now ?

Attachments

• mini_20221226_163102.jpg
    mini_20221226_163102.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0
  • mini_20221226_163117.jpg
    mini_20221226_163117.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
Tried to post this ovah there , but won't let me.
Nice new shelf my kids got me. Has a card you swipe over the top of it to pop it open. I really like this !!!
Thats a painting of my cat the exchange student from Hong Kong did. Sis had her do it for me. She studied some kind of graphics stuff ? She does illustrations for books now ?
Thats a bowl I made a long time ago. LOL The Christmas tree my granddaughter just made me.

Just a piece of Box Elder my uncle gave me. I made it on my half homemade lathe with tools I made out of files. LOL Had to make a tool rest for it too. That wasn't easy with the tools I had. LOL Hacksaw , drill and a cheap 110 wire welder. LOL

Attachments

• mini_20221226_175218.jpg
    mini_20221226_175218.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • mini_20221226_175224.jpg
    mini_20221226_175224.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
Just a piece of Box Elder my uncle gave me. I made it on my half homemade lathe with tools I made out of files. LOL Had to make a tool rest for it too. That wasn't easy with the tools I had. LOL Hacksaw , drill and a cheap 110 wire welder. LOL
Thanks John, I can now clearly see where it is a turned bowl, good job there.

When I worked in a shop with a big wood lathe we would glue up layers of contrasting colored wood, clamp it under heavy pressure til it set hard, then mount it to a facing plate in the lathe , the bows resulting from turning them out were quite striking. Now most guys are turning bowls from burls. Contrasting bits of wood glued up and turned out,
il_1588xN.2557944189_dqdi.jpg

Back