Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to post this ovah there , but won't let me.
Nice new shelf my kids got me. Has a card you swipe over the top of it to pop it open. I really like this !!!
Thats a painting of my cat the exchange student from Hong Kong did. Sis had her do it for me. She studied some kind of graphics stuff ? She does illustrations for books now ?
That is prety darn cool!!!!

Is it spring yet?? Looks like it here......."Mud Season"......no snow to be seen and mud everywhere......
Same up here, almost had it right for a short bit when the ground was froze hard just before Christmas but rain showed up with above freezing temps and once the ground thawed mud season came along with it. Got some saw action in when it was froze, moved about 4-5 cords in that time frame. Back to rain today, lasting for several more days, not going to help the mud out at all.

Totally Ron!!!!!!

Hey Robin…….
To go with “a Large Noise with Dirt on It”

Reading a book that had Gregory Peck as the lead in the movie.

So I hear it in my head in his voice.

He is describing a hangover he had in the military with cheap liquor…….during WW2 in Australia.

“A whiskey distilled from Sledgehammers “

2.41 inches of rain overnight and temps up to 48 'Merican on top of a foot of snow and ice on the ground really got **** moving and since I live on the side of the mountain everything that moves is headed down!!! Couldn't get out of either driveway this morning so had to call Dave to come give me a ride up to take care of Hoss.......
'Bout 100 yards of washed out shoulder.......pics don't really do it justice as there is no dirt a foot or so under the tar.......poor........the wash is 16-18" deep and two feet wide for the most part of 100 yards....

IMG_2082.jpgIMG_2081.jpgIMG_2080.jpg

Finally got in the woods today. Stihl no frost in the ground and much water stihl running from yesterday's storm. Ran a beat down in with the lil' tractor.......went fine....'spose to go cold in a couple daze so the road will freeze up good. Ran the 61/268XP for a few hours ...first real saw work on the new shoulder. Seemed fine but the unused muscles weren't that happy!!! Completely processed two good sized maples of the many blowdowns down in there. Hauled 'em up out of the snow fit to stove length and split 'em up. Most of them were up off the ground a little so is nice and dry. Going to try to clean up all of them that are on the ground first and leave the ones that are hung up in other trees until later in case we get a pile of snow....those I can get any tyme....was a very pleasant day in the woods here....no wind, sunny and about 25 degrees....perfect work shirt day....

Finally got in the woods today. Stihl no frost in the ground and much water stihl running from yesterday's storm. Ran a beat down in with the lil' tractor.......went fine....'spose to go cold in a couple daze so the road will freeze up good. Ran the 61/268XP for a few hours ...first real saw work on the new shoulder. Seemed fine but the unused muscles weren't that happy!!! Completely processed two good sized maples of the many blowdowns down in there. Hauled 'em up out of the snow fit to stove length and split 'em up. Most of them were up off the ground a little so is nice and dry. Going to try to clean up all of them that are on the ground first and leave the ones that are hung up in other trees until later in case we get a pile of snow....those I can get any tyme....was a very pleasant day in the woods here....no wind, sunny and about 25 degrees....perfect work shirt day....
Forecast for the upcoming week is for much colder temps so the ground may freeze hard again, last time it was frozen hard I processed up a nice tall yellow birch, made a fine pile of firewood all piled and covered for next winters burning. Stihl MS362 did most of the work, left a bit for an 028 I was rehabilitating. Still have several more big hardwood stems to harvest this time around, have to excercize a couple more saws next time out.

Yep 'spose to get progressivly colder all week......NOAA is guessing -10 'Merican by next Friday night....brrrrrr.... gonna have to move a bit more wood into the cellar in the next day or two. Both cookstove wood and main stove wood...also as soon as it gets cold again have go down and forward out 2-3 buckets of that wood I cut for the Free Flow at the shop....running on oil now but will want to supplement that with renewable heat when it gets below zero.....

Back