Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow…..I remember the Vette picture……long time.
You be using a 621?
I like to!!!
Probably a varity of red saws will come to play......a 621 may well be there! Definately my 49SP, the 590 and likely a 521E as that is set up with a SUPER safety chain that works great turning small (1 1/2" and up) top limbs into cookstove wood without being grabby like the full comp chisel I run on most everything else!!! May take the 910E along too for some of the butts.....it is lacking excercise like me...!!!...do us both good!!!

Probably a varity of red saws will come to play......a 621 may well be there! Definately my 49SP, the 590 and likely a 521E as that is set up with a SUPER safety chain that works great turning small (1 1/2" and up) top limbs into cookstove wood without being grabby like the full comp chisel I run on most everything else!!! May take the 910E along too for some of the butts.....it is lacking excercise like me...!!!...do us both good!!!

Last time I used a chainsaw was to cut up a cord of hardwood for the lads running the Steerroast, used the 362 nice n smooth spring AV on it.That party is now a pitiful shadow of what it once was but is still held each Labour Day out on the Island, I have not attended for 6 years. I get a call from the island crew each year to thank me for all the contributions I have sent their way over the years. The cord of hardwood was more than enough to cook the little bit of meat they do up out there now.

For lil stiff I have gone to the 150T………zippy lil thing

For lil stiff I have gone to the 150T………zippy lil thing
Yeah the 521E is the exact same as a 52E motor wise but totally different "E" ign system. Much more durable than the SEM 52E system. 49cc closed port with 2 speed 'lectric heated handles and stock chain brake......was the absolute "Cadillac" of 50CC Jonsereds saws back in the day........sold for around $450.00 when in production..late 70's early 80's.....can't wear one out.....very similar to the 621 in that respect...though totally different saws....

Like I said have one with a Super Safety chain....very high bumpers.....came on a parts saw...threw it away once but pulled it out of the trash and found it a perfect chain in the 521E for tiny wood which will beat you silly with a regular chipper or chisel chain.......this chain won't grab in small wood making a perfect rig for working up tops for the cookstove...

Good Christ! I may have found a Jonsered guru! I need some guidance with these models........as per Husqvarna, there are a wide variety of over-lapped models. The 61 SE, and than the 460 Rancher.........seems there should be a baseline lsit of the saws J'Red has, that still do the work, and hold value. Stihl 1127-series would be which models in Red/Black?

Good Christ! I may have found a Jonsered guru! I need some guidance with these models........as per Husqvarna, there are a wide variety of over-lapped models. The 61 SE, and than the 460 Rancher.........seems there should be a baseline lsit of the saws J'Red has, that still do the work, and hold value. Stihl 1127-series would be which models in Red/Black?
Yes you did. I think you can find him in the JRed thread most of the time.

Ahhhhhh……..no
You found a JonseredS guru……..

Yeah the 521E is the exact same as a 52E motor wise but totally different "E" ign system. Much more durable than the SEM 52E system. 49cc closed port with 2 speed 'lectric heated handles and stock chain brake......was the absolute "Cadillac" of 50CC Jonsereds saws back in the day........sold for around $450.00 when in production..late 70's early 80's.....can't wear one out.....very similar to the 621 in that respect...though totally different saws....

Like I said have one with a Super Safety chain....very high bumpers.....came on a parts saw...threw it away once but pulled it out of the trash and found it a perfect chain in the 521E for tiny wood which will beat you silly with a regular chipper or chisel chain.......this chain won't grab in small wood making a perfect rig for working up tops for the cookstove...
The tiny mini-micro just works so well on small stuff. No whipping around at all

A while back we were throwing trees and I had the 150 and went to throw a 12” pear

“You have got to be kidding!!!!”

That narrow Kerf whipped thru is so well.
I texted you a picture

The tiny mini-micro just works so well on small stuff. No whipping around at all

A while back we were throwing trees and I had the 150 and went to throw a 12” pear

“You have got to be kidding!!!!”

That narrow Kerf whipped thru is so well.
I texted you a picture

Yep I got it!! Cutting small stuff can be tricky but made easy with a high bumper!!!

Yep....on my own woodlot I work the tops down to 1 1/4"-1 1/2" dia or so cut to 12" long. Make great cookstove wood for my lil' Jotul 505......kind of a pain but might as well use all of the tree for firewood with an added plus no need to split any thing 1 1/4"- 3" dia, have to do something with the brush...more goes in the stove less brush in the woods to deal with....just hard to make a "showing" with such small stuff but makes the kitchen real cozy in mid winter!!

When we push an apple orchard I run thru to wade in with the 150 and cut what I can and open it for a bigger saws.
We put out old 25 bushel bins(4x4x2 about) and the pickers throw in what I cut and then it’s easier to cut to the stump.
Oh Yeah I bet that works great!! Apple trees are the absolute worst to cut......and much much worse if they have had a chance to "get away"!!!!

Ok...Stihl is better than Husqvarna....whats the deal with these flippy caps? I want to buy a saw from Homedepot! What bar oil is best? Really how hard is that one.

I will come up with some more...Happy Newyear!
ECHO 590...BAR OIL FROM YRACTOR SUPPLY.
RENTAL SALES DOLMARS BEST DEAL .
PICKED ONE UP SOME YEARS BACK FOR $150 WITH THE CHAIN ON BACKWARDS 6401 BRAND NEW! MURPH PUT A 79 MAHLE P/C IN IT FOR ME AS I LOST MY MY WORK BENCH AND THE SAW STILL RUNS GREAT.

ECHO 590...BAR OIL FROM YRACTOR SUPPLY.
RENTAL SALES DOLMARS BEST DEAL .
PICKED ONE UP SOME YEARS BACK FOR $150 WITH THE CHAIN ON BACKWARDS 6401 BRAND NEW! MURPH PUT A 79 MAHLE P/C IN IT FOR ME AS I LOST MY MY WORK BENCH AND THE SAW STILL RUNS GREAT.
You still cutting wood ,Bobby?

Latest posts

Back