Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been five months, where have all the slacckers been hiding? Been out cutting some but keep leaving the phone/camera back at the truck,
View attachment 1159210
Snows just cleared up here. I did a few small jobs for relatives. 2 big maples and a tall red pine.
Got a nice little poplar to take down for my neighbor this week, and some pruning too..
Hope the boss wants us back soon, I'm hurting for cash these days.
I plan to start my own tree service in the coming years and we will work through the winter, the cold doesn't bother me

Snows just cleared up here. I did a few small jobs for relatives. 2 big maples and a tall red pine.
Got a nice little poplar to take down for my neighbor this week, and some pruning too..
Hope the boss wants us back soon, I'm hurting for cash these days.
I plan to start my own tree service in the coming years and we will work through the winter, the cold doesn't bother me
I hope work picks up for you, it`s getting a bit nicer here, we had 4-5 feet of snow just a week back but the temps came up,we had a really big rainfall and most of the snow is now gone.

Maybe. It's not light, but has great ground pressure for soft spots.
Ground Pressure (Empty): 2.94 psi​
Ground Pressure (Loaded): 5.91 psi​

That is lighter than your average heavy excavator, even after it is loaded.

If that's in a swamp, I presume you aren't cutting it up for lumber or firewood.
Bored?

Maybe. It's not light, but has great ground pressure for soft spots.
Ground Pressure (Empty): 2.94 psi​
Ground Pressure (Loaded): 5.91 psi​

That is lighter than your average heavy excavator, even after it is loaded.

If that's in a swamp, I presume you aren't cutting it up for lumber or firewood.
Bored?
I have an easy out on foot but it`s too steep for a machine, 20 foot drop on a 45 degree slope. That tree stem might be a problem for an arborist but not for this old lumber jack, piece of cake here.

That tree stem might be a problem for an arborist but not for this old lumber jack,

Ok. I was funnin' with the crane and track-hauler. But totin' it out by hand across a swamp doesn't sound like fun.

No amount of firewood would tempt me to work that hard. Hell, I've got a monster pile of oak across the street right now that I'll end up giving away as it is.

Nice looking maple there Jerry!! Next year you can do this!!!

View attachment 1159329
Was a nice one, there was 16 feet already cut and gone before I took the pic, solid right from the butt stick up and yes it will make very fine Stihl cut wood for next winter. I needed the exercise as I have taken in in excess more calories than expended this winter, the gym just don`t cut it ya know. Those boots remind me of my Scottish neighbor on the lake, he gets more than every penny back out of his footwear even though it was issued to him from his former employer and he saved every pair for over 30 years, he just broke out a brand new pair last September,bout broke his heart to toss the old shredded pair.

Latest posts

Back