Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thats great i will look around for ez loks and some eversize inserts. Thank you guys for the info.
There's also the option of going to an 18mm hole and using a small block Chevy spark plug. I did that on an 066 once and it ran for years that way, until the Yarder got pulled over and smashed it flat.

The thing is, people tend to hang onto good 2100/2101 jugs.

I am going to take it to a machine shop today and see if they can get me going again. Its a great chainsaw and i would like to keep it around a while but it might be time to find another beast that has more available parts. Thanks again for all the help. I did not know about helicoil or EZ-loks until this and watching a video on youtube on how to use them did not make me an expert..lol. Thanks again.

I am going to take it to a machine shop today and see if they can get me going again. Its a great chainsaw and i would like to keep it around a while but it might be time to find another beast that has more available parts. Thanks again for all the help. I did not know about helicoil or EZ-loks until this and watching a video on youtube on how to use them did not make me an expert..lol. Thanks again.
Check out Save-A-Thread made by Helicoil, it comes with everything you need in a kit for like 35 bucks.

I'm looking for a crankcase for a Stihl 076 that has the oiler intact. I have a Stihl MS362 crankcase/FW/clutch/coil with questionable bearings, poulan/craftsman 2150 parts, and a few other odds and ends for trade.
I got a 076 crankcase. Some of the bottom is busted but has oiler in it yet.

EZ-loc thread inserts typically need a hole a few sizes larger, but they do have the advantage of mostly using standard taps. I think there are thinkwall versions, but I've never used one. Used a lot of the regular ones and they're way better than a helicoil in my opinion.

Agree on that.......like they say, 'once you leave helicoil, you never go back'. :cool: Time sert though, often uses obscure tap sizes and if you find one, they're $$$.

Kevin

It's a great saw and the plug hole fix with a good insert should get ya going again. I hate Husky for not supporting this saw over the yrs.....although I think it's Electrolux Group AB now. I can't even find a tank vent anymore, not to mention all the other unobtainium parts.:(

Kevin

I'm now hoping to find another MS660 cylinder. I have a **** load of parts to trade, or I gots some monies.

I'm now hoping to find another MS660 cylinder. I have a **** load of parts to trade, or I gots some monies.
I can loan ya one , if you can replace it later on ? I will need it down the road a little ways. I don't have time or energy to build the saw right now.

I left my cylinder with a husky shop today. I didnt take the saw just the cylinder and the guy at the shop said husqvarna did not make a 2101xp. He said all the chainsaws they make have a 3 diget number 455, 395 and so on. I told him im pretty sure its a 2101xp and it got me thinking this guy is a husky dealer and is telling me i have no idea what my saw is..... Maybe i should not have left my cylinder with him to fix. A machine shope told me they can weld it up and remachine the spark plug hole and threads..

Back