Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, that's the only one I got. Unless there in another sitting in a box I haven't looked through yet.

Yeah that's the larger 4-point 'Western' dawg that was part of a set available from Stihl for a time for the 064/early 066 saws.

If you call Madsen's and ask for the inner dawg of the 4-point "Pro-Safety" aftermarket dawgs, the inner dawg from that set will match your outer Stihl western dawg. It was that set of dawgs that the guy from Pro-Safety used as a template to make his.

Yeah that's the larger 4-point 'Western' dawg that was part of a set available from Stihl for a time for the 064/early 066 saws.

If you call Madsen's and ask for the inner dawg of the 4-point "Pro-Safety" aftermarket dawgs, the inner dawg from that set will match your outer Stihl western dawg. It was that set of dawgs that the guy from Pro-Safety used as a template to make his.

Will it be that black finish? I don't need it but someone might want it.

Thanks for the interest in the saws I posted. A little more response than I figured and I'll have to do some thinking. I'm not to interested in shipping so I'll probably let Mark pick through them since he can drive over. However to be fair, Hoss has first dibs on the 744. I've had CAD for twenty years so I'm not as interested in selling as I am trading for 80+ cc McCullochs. I'll reply to your PMs, when I have more time.

Tom

Well Tom and I have struck the deal for the 744. I am sending him a project Mac 73 in exchange. For the record I did offer him a super 44A in addition, but he said the 73 was enough. Looks so far like a smooth transaction. Thanks Tom.

Will it be that black finish? I don't need it but someone might want it.

It won't be that same black crinkle finish- the Pro-Safety dawgs come with a flat-black wood stove type finish. It doesn't really matter anyways, that Stihl black crinkle paint flakes off real easy when you're running the saw. It's gone in a matter of a few days.

It won't be that same black crinkle finish- the Pro-Safety dawgs come with a flat-black wood stove type finish. It doesn't really matter anyways, that Stihl black crinkle paint flakes off real easy when you're running the saw. It's gone in a matter of a few days.

Ahh, I was wondering how durable it would be. Powdercoat would be nice.

Well Tom and I have struck the deal for the 744. I am sending him a project Mac 73 in exchange. For the record I did offer him a super 44A in addition, but he said the 73 was enough. Looks so far like a smooth transaction. Thanks Tom.

That 744 should be an interesting saw. I've never seen one.

The one Poulan I've always wanted is an A-900 bowsaw. Those look cool.

That 744 should be an interesting saw. I've never seen one.

The one Poulan I've always wanted is an A-900 bowsaw. Those look cool.

It's basically a poulan 245A with a geardrive. I always intrigued by the later more modern higher reving medium sized geardrives. I guess the mcculloch equivilant would be the G70 and the stihl would be the 041G. The 744 has 74cc's and a healthy 245A will run pretty strong so I have high hopes if it can be fixed up.

It should be pretty strong for sure. I've seen guys running 32" bars with 1/2" pitch chisel on the Mac 5-10G and 041Gs.

You got a Super 44A parts rig? I might be looking for another rig to put a kart motor in. I got a freshly bored and honed .040" over Mc91 block and Wiseco piston for a custom project.

It should be pretty strong for sure. I've seen guys running 32" bars with 1/2" pitch chisel on the Mac 5-10G and 041Gs.

You got a Super 44A parts rig? I might be looking for another rig to put a kart motor in. I got a freshly bored and honed .040" over Mc91 block and Wiseco piston for a custom project.

Yeah I got a Super 44a that is mostly complete minus a few nuts and bolts pirated. When I was fooling with it a couple a years ago I had it running after a carb rebuild on the tilly, but the timing was off a bit and I haven't gone back to it since.

partner r16

Anybody got a recoil spring or a starter for a partner 16 ? Or know where to get a new one ? Also need a starter for a homelite 54 /solo 654. Stuff to trade or $$$$.

I got my hands on the Honda EX650 generator I was looking for. My father in law had one he bought on a job 15 years ago and hasn't used in ??? years. Unfortunately it had a bad breaker and old gas in it. I replaced the breaker, put fresh fuel in it and 11 pulls later it fired up and makes power! :clap: It needs an oil change an air filter but I know it will work.

Thanks for the leads you guys gave me, rep to Four Paws for starting this thread!

:clap: Glad at least its going to a good home. We want lots of pictures when it gets there.

Back