Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you find them on Craigslist its always for $20 less than the price of a new one:rolleyes:

Homeowners everywhere are convinced that the MS290 is the best chainsaw ever!

Jimbo

That's the truth Jimbo. The 029/290 saws are taking over where the meximac cinderblocks (PM610 saws) left off. Those damn things are still listed for stupid money on CL, and folks talk them up like they were the best saw ever. I can get 2-4 good XL12/SXL/10-10 saws for what PM610' go for.................and 4-10 of 'em for what MS290's are listed for....:jester:

LOL, that'll be a collectors item someday. There are barely any of those around. Just like Diesel Ford Tempo's.

Strange as it sounds, the Chevette diesel engine (made by Isuzu) is actually worlds better than the gas engine in those cars. Not saying much there though...:D

The Mazda diesel in the Tempos wasn't so hot. My wife had a gasser Tempo when I met her. I HATED that car. The 1.9L pushrod engine in it was actually pretty good however. Only good part of the car. The electrical system in the car was terrrible. I had a fun time keeping it running. Dash switches (stupid rotary blower switch) were crap. The CV joints and brakes were crap. It almost burned to the ground a few times, and none of the wiring had been tampered with. My "fixes" were worlds better than the factory crap. They were still holding together 10 years later when her stepfather was in a terrible wreck that totalled the car (and killed their poor old black lab).

LOL, that'll be a collectors item someday. There are barely any of those around. Just like Diesel Ford Tempo's.

When I was in high school, my mom had a Chevette for a while. I told her that she was a nerd for driving it, but that woman had led such a
sheltered life she didn't even know what a nerd was.

Strange as it sounds, the Chevette diesel engine (made by Isuzu) is actually worlds better than the gas engine in those cars. Not saying much there though...:D

One time I was waiting on repairs to my pickup after being rear-ended and the body shop "loaned" me a diesel Tempo, an '89 I think.
It was a fading metallic Brown with gold interior. Things I found in the trunk:

Tom Jones 8-track tape
19 empty birth control pill dispensers
Tattered "playing card" design men's boxers, 58" waist
Two empty Jim Beam bottles (regular fifth size) each full of cigar butts
Billy Graham autobiography
Disneyworld "Emerald Green" visor
9 feet of surgical tubing.

When I was in high school, my mom had a Chevette for a while. I told her that she was a nerd for driving it, but that woman had led such a
sheltered life she didn't even know what a nerd was.

One time I was waiting on repairs to my pickup after being rear-ended and the body shop "loaned" me a diesel Tempo, an '89 I think.

Tom Jones 8-track tape

No duct tape or ether?:jester:

Jenn's Tempo was silver (and also a 1989 model). Invisible in twilight....

Last edited:
041av Flywheel

Looking for a flywheel for 041AV. I know there are two different ones, not sure which one I need till the saw gets in my hands, just trying to put out a feeler. I have some 009L and 031av parts to trade. Also have a plastic handle off a ms260. Shoot me a PM. Thanks!!!!

Thanks to the guys that responded but they just did not have the parts I needed. So I posting it again with pictures of my broken piece. Drop me a PM if you think you got what I need. THANK YOU!!!

041_1.jpg

041_2.jpg

041_3.jpg

041_4.jpg

041_5.jpg

Tom Jones 8-track tape

Didn't happen without pictures! :D :D :D

They sold even more Chevettes. There's a local guy that has an '81 diesel Chevette. That car cracks me up every time I see it.

Maybe its the one I took drivers training in. Two students and the instructor, first day cruising in town we pulled up to the stop sign on main street, Joey puts the tranny in neutral and revs the motor. Instructor says, "If you think it'll go faster in low gear, try it. We'll still be flipping the calendar page before we get across the street".

Last edited:
I've got a couple of saws to trade off.

041 Stihl FB runs pretty good.

009L that runs good.

I'm looking for a 7900 top end in good shape.......

It's only Stihl's #1 saw sold. Many of these are laying around because people don't like fixing them. Many times a fuel line cracks and seizes these saws.

That's kinda what the little smiley was for in my post -- and probably why I recently acquired a coupla boxes full of 029 for free.;)

:cheers: (Even though it's early!)

Poge

Hey ProMac. Do you have a pic of the NU-17 coil? It wasn't that long ago I gave away an NU-17 parts saw. I may have something kicking around.

I haven't gotten around to pulling the flywheel yet, but pics of it on the saw should be enough...

Here are three... the last one shows the wire coming out of the back of the coil. Well, sitting in place that is... it's completely cracked off and no longer is part of the coil.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Maybe its the one I took drivers training in. Two students and the instructor, first day cruising in town we pulled up to the stop sign on main street, Joey puts the tranny in neutral and revs the motor. Instructor says, "If you think it'll go faster in low gear, try it. We'll still be flipping the calendar page before get across the street".

--that car will be worth a lot once the war party decides the middle east doesn't have enough big wars yet and crude shoots to 300 a barrel or more

..just saying. I have an 81 datsun diesel, same thing, slow.....I can also go to town and back on less than one gallon, around 30 miles and change. And I paid less for it then a new big top end mudder tire.

Latest posts

Back