Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need an 028 chain brake handle. WB version doesn't fit, different set up. Trying to help my dealer here. He tried ordering one twice and it was backordered/NLA. Saw owner is in his late 70's/early 80's, so we want him to have one when cutting.

Jred 621

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a 621 to scavenge some parts off of. Mine has a good jug and piston, so if you've got a complete one with a blown cylinder (or other state of disrepair) let me know!

Need an 028 chain brake handle. WB version doesn't fit, different set up. Trying to help my dealer here. He tried ordering one twice and it was backordered/NLA. Saw owner is in his late 70's/early 80's, so we want him to have one when cutting.

What's the P/N? I have an 028 brake NOS, but not sure which one you need.

I also have an 028 chain brake handle/spring hardware. I believe it is the complete hardware required. PM me if needed, can send pics.

Well, the 125 is coming along well. Now I need a bar - preferrably 36" x .404 but can use 3/8". This this oils up through the bar adjuster holes.

Did you grind off your chain brake boss? I found a couple used sprocket covers I have here that are the early style without the boss.

On the bar, do you want a regular sprocket nose, hard tip, or external roller nose? I'm headed up to my retired log cutter buddy's shop on Monday and can pick up whatever you want. I need to get a roller tip 36" Mac bar for another member anyways.

Dayton 4.5 Cu

I have a nice Dayton 2z463 (Poulan 245) I'm looking to trade for another 60-70cc saw. Runs good and looks good but is temperamental.

DSC04092.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

Saw still for sale ?
Please pm me if it is .
Thanks Jack

Few Stihls that is up for trade.

I have 2 036's. One older and one little newer. Both saws run well. I've not got around checking compression. the plastic are faded. One needs a longer pull cord.

Also have a complete and running MS440. The compression was 165psi. Small crack on the tank where the handle connects but not broken. Every now and then the saw stalls at idle. It might be due for seal(s) The crank feels tight. Not real looker but a runner.

Want to trade for a 660 or 066 and also looking for a mill set up still. Or throw me a offer or trade. Thanks

pictures

that looks more like an 034 or an 034 Super. What does the bore measure?

It could be a 034 super, my 034 jug would not fit the piston so it's the larger bore piston. The serial number starts at 1xx so it;s German and older. How do you tell difference between 034 and 036?

It could be a 034 super, my 034 jug would not fit the piston so it's the larger bore piston. The serial number starts at 1xx so it;s German and older. How do you tell difference between 034 and 036?

Im not 100%, but all 034's I have worked on had the plastic starter housing, and the style of muffler like the one pictured. That muffler I have never seen on an 036 from the factory. Front chain adjust or side? (034's had both).

Also never seen a factory 036 with the plastic starter cover, but again, I could be wrong. Nothing bad though, if a 34 jug wont fit, then it must at least be an 034 Super.

Did you grind off your chain brake boss? I found a couple used sprocket covers I have here that are the early style without the boss.

On the bar, do you want a regular sprocket nose, hard tip, or external roller nose? I'm headed up to my retired log cutter buddy's shop on Monday and can pick up whatever you want. I need to get a roller tip 36" Mac bar for another member anyways.

I used longer screws and spaced the dog out with nuts. Then I just had to grind a small dip in the dog to clear the top of the boss. I'm real happy with it. Just didn't have the heart to grind the boss. I have a bid in on a 36" roller nose on ebay - over tomorrow. If I don't win it, I'll be interested. Guess I'd prefer a roller nose but sprocket would be fine as well.

Thanks!

Im not 100%, but all 034's I have worked on had the plastic starter housing, and the style of muffler like the one pictured. That muffler I have never seen on an 036 from the factory. Front chain adjust or side? (034's had both).

Also never seen a factory 036 with the plastic starter cover, but again, I could be wrong. Nothing bad though, if a 34 jug wont fit, then it must at least be an 034 Super.

I've notice the same thing. All my 034 AVS has been like the one you pointed out with 026 style starter cover and muffler cover with holes on the front. The other saw has starter cover that's wider but still plastic and side discharged muffler. Both are side chain adjuster. I did notice the one that looks like 034 is made in Germany saw.

Another weird thing is the platic chainbrake assembly cover doesn't cover the bottom half sort of like the ones from early 026.

Looking to trade some cash (I already traded all my project saws away...sorry) for a saw that is small and reliable for my father, something tolerant of neglect and sitting unused for long periods. Echo CS-300/340 family would be ideal, but open to other ideas

Back