Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone have a carb for a 288 husky it can be used needing rebuilt mine is leaking around the chokeshaft

Anyone with a 45mm 353 top end laying around? Mine isn't looking very pretty after doing acido_O

i have the outer bucking spur for a husky 288.
not sure what else it will fit
it is yours if you want it.
i will even pay shipping.
i recently was sent a husky carb for free, just returning the favor.IMG_20140601_182959_058.jpg IMG_20140601_182950_128.jpg

Anyone with a 45mm 353 top end laying around? Mine isn't looking very pretty after doing acido_O

I gave up using acid since I found something faster and safer; a fine cut round face riffler. Cuts the aluminum off fast and will not touch Nikasil. Just skates right over Nikasil. After you can't find any more aluminum to file off, just finish up with 320 sandpaper and you're ready to go.

Find a couple on ebay or just buy them new from MSC or somebody like that. Buy the Swiss ones; they are definitely worth the extra $$$. Has to be a round face, not flat.

Jimbo

I was wonderin if anyone had parts for 051 075 076 stihl Im told for the most part they are interchangeable , or dones anyone know it parts like mufflers and side covers , carby kits are gettable , thanks guys yeah

I gave up using acid since I found something faster and safer; a fine cut round face riffler. Cuts the aluminum off fast and will not touch Nikasil. Just skates right over Nikasil. After you can't find any more aluminum to file off, just finish up with 320 sandpaper and you're ready to go.

Find a couple on ebay or just buy them new from MSC or somebody like that. Buy the Swiss ones; they are definitely worth the extra $$$. Has to be a round face, not flat.

Jimbo
I have been using rough scotch bright taped to a wooden dowel chucked into my drill . Works great , but ya gotta be careful on the edge of the ports , and no fumes from acid ! Gonna try yer idea too , sounds better ! Thanks !!

I was wonderin if anyone had parts for 051 075 076 stihl Im told for the most part they are interchangeable , or dones anyone know it parts like mufflers and side covers , carby kits are gettable , thanks guys yeah
Some parts interchange but not many. Mufflers are different, as are intake blocks, carbs, pistons, cylinders, and sometimes clutches.

What is a round face riffler?:oops:

I think he means these:

Some parts interchange but not many. Mufflers are different, as are intake blocks, carbs, pistons, cylinders, and sometimes clutches.

I think he means these:

That one has too coarse of a cut. You want one like these:

rifflers.JPG
The one on the left is about 1/4" wide on its face. The teeth are so fine they don't really show up in the pic, even though I used a 12Mp camera! That's what you need since a file like that will not cut into the nikasil, no way, no how. Just cleaned up THE WORST cylinder I have ever attempted. It took about a half hour.

Looking for a Husky 272 muffler brace 503 53 59-01. I have a Husky 272 muffler to go on a J-Red 370 Super. 370's muffler had been gutted and too loud for the client. J-Red brace won't work as it is taller and catchs the two mounting studs.

IMG_0584 (Copy).JPG

Have gutted J-Red muffler and brace to trade or ?

Could also use the necessary screws and exhaust deflector for the conversion. But, there is always the hardware store.

Carl

Any needs for Stihl 075 stuff? I've got a parts saw----case and crank appear to be good, P/C bad, carb and rear handle complete with kill switch. No clutch or recoil, does have flywheel and coil but ignition components under the flywheel are missing.

I need??????

Latest posts

Back