Synthetic 2-stroke oils??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atp.aspx

Saber™ Professional Synthetic 100:1 Pre-Mix 2-Cycle Oil (ATP)
AMSOIL Saber™ Professional (ATP) is formulated with exclusive AMSOIL synthetic base oils and premium additives. Designed for lean mix ratios in two-cycle motors, Saber 2-Cycle Oil has excellent lubricity and cleanliness properties to control friction and prevent wear, plug fouling, ring sticking and exhaust port blocking. AMSOIL Synthetic 100:1 2-Cycle Oils have been protecting and providing improved performance in two-cycle motors since 1973. ISO-L-EGD, JASO FD, API TC

See Pricing Information or Place an Order

Package sizes include:

1.5-oz Pillow Pack
1.5-oz. Pillow Packs (case of 48)
3.5-oz. Bottle
3.5-oz. Bottles (case of 12)
8-oz. Bottle
8-oz. Bottles (case of 12)
1-Quart Bottle
1-Quart Bottles (case of 12)
30-Gallon Drum
55-Gallon Drum

AMSOIL 2-Cycle Oil Lineup
ATP Applications
"The Fabulous Four"
hp Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (HPI)
Saber Professional Synthetic 100:1 Pre-Mix 2-Cycle Oil (ATP)
Saber Outboard Synthetic 100:1 Pre-Mix 2-Cycle Oil (ATO)
INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (AIT)
DOMINATOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR)

Saber Professional (ATP) is specifically designed for small engines including, but not limited to, chain saws, lawn equipment, blowers, chop saws, pumps, scooters and go-carts. It is available in a 3.5- oz. bilingual (English/Spanish) container which is ideal for treating the 2 – 2.5-gallon cans of gas commonly used for storing mixed gas on the job. Saber Professional is also very good for use in motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs, jet boats and personal watercraft. Saber Professional is formulated with high-temperature detergent additives to prevent hard carbon deposits from forming in these hot-operating motors. Saber Professional is “smokeless” and delivers fewer emissions at 100:1 mix ratios than oils mixed at 50:1. Equipment operators subjected to smoke and fumes will benefit from these low emission properties. Because one mix ratio satisfies multiple pieces of equipment, Saber Professional eliminates mix ratio confusion. Saber Professional is recommended for pre-mix where ISO-L-EGD, JASO FD or API TC is specified.

Applications (see Two-Cycle Recommendations Chart)
AMSOIL Saber 100:1 2-Cycle Oil is recommended for 100:1 mix ratios in normal service. Richer mix ratios may be used where desired.

2.6 oz. per 1 U.S. gallon 50:1
8 oz. per 5 U.S. gallons 80:1
1.3 oz. per 1 U.S. gallon 100:1
8 oz. per 6 U.S. gallons 100:1
TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270) 136
Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)
-36 (-33)
Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)
114 (237)
Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92) 114 (237)

:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

I just got to say this!!!! down here in the lower altitudes we(I in this instance) cut exclusively hardwood, this, being harder, cuts slower than softwood, therefore, even tho the saw is making more hp at lower altitudes it is having to cut a harder wood. The higher altitude saws, making less hp are cutting a softer wood, does this ever even out????? the world will never know?!!?!?!? just wanted to give someone a hard time--hadn't got to today!!!

p.s. i have noticed that you guys out west and up north can run longer bars on smaller saws in softwood than we could ever dream of down here. around here a 046 with a 28-36" bar would have an extremely tough time in hardwood,(i dont' run over a 20" on my 046BB)
:greenchainsaw:
The bar length difference is in technique.
I know loggers in Alabama that run 20" bars on 660's. They cut the drags way down and never pulse the saw. The secret to running a long bar is a very effecient chain and cleaning the chips out. If you just dog the saw in and pull up on the pistolgrip of an 880 with a 36" bar it will bog down untill the chain stops. When it does the bar will be stuck so tight in the kerf it will be very hard to get out. I have seen a lot of guys from back east do it.
I spent most of last year falling dead and dying and burnt black oaks (pretty hard and dense) and california live oaks. I mostly used a ported 372 with 32" bar and semi skip square chisel. A good friend mostly used a stock 460 with a 36" bar and same chain.

No I am not an amsoil dealer, If I was I would have disclosed that information. I have used
2 stroke and 4 stroke amsoil since 1984. Its great oil other wise I would not recommend it.
Also people seem freaked about going over a 50:1 mix. I never had a problem running amsoil
anywhere from 88:1 to 100:1.

How many oil companies are this straight foreward with their data? Call them up and they will
tell you everything about their oil. Ask them about the race teams they sponsor.
Post this or any data from the oil you are using.

TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 13.5
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 99
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270) 136
Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97) -36 (-33)
Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92) 114 (237)
Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92) 114 (237)

If you can find a better oil, use it. :cheers:

If you use a lot of oil you can open an account and amsoil will ship direct to you.
Contact the Ordering Department: [email protected]
Find a dealer http://www.amsoil.com/dealerlocatorresults/

http://www.amsoil.com/racing.aspx

Longer time to finish the cut= higher load.

No Ben, not a higher load, not even more wear on the saw, There is less TQ transfering the crank, but as Andy mentioned, it may be harder for the clutch to get a good 1:1 lock. As I mentioned if an MS-660 is cutting at the rate of an MS-361 at altitude, that 660 is going to last forever, but it better, cause that's how long it takes to cut.

Answer the post you have quoted.
Does a saw that runs longer to accomplish the same task wear more than one that does it faster.

With speed, you get more heat, centralized, and overall, with speed more vibrations.

De tune a saw with altitude, it just happens, will run slower and cooler and last more hours then a saw in a cut at sea-level.

It's real simple, there operating at close to there engineered capacity at sea level, at altitude, there over-engineered. Less strain and sprain, things last longer! hour wise, a lot, cord wise, not as much, but the heat difference would show more longevity.

Your running the saw longer, at the same rpm to accomplish the same work yet its going to last longer?

Yes, it will last a lot longer...

Even IF it was running at the same rpm (lighter touch or smaller wood) , wear on an engine is also proportional to the POWER being developed...

Turbo charge an engine... (like taking a saw a few thousand feet underground) and see how long the engine lasts... Sure it cuts faster, but..

Yes, it will last a lot longer...

Even IF it was running at the same rpm (lighter touch or smaller wood) , wear on an engine is also proportional to the POWER being developed...

Turbo charge an engine... (like taking a saw a few thousand feet underground) and see how long the engine lasts... Sure it cuts faster, but..

Andy

Correct my math,,,, or my SWAG at math, first answer I have is your numbers (if my memory serves)

A saw (let's take an MS-660) running at sea level will last about 1200 hours

A 660 at 10,000' above sea level (remember just a guess) last about 2000 hours

Take that saw down a mine or hypothetically 10,000 below sea level, my guess, it would not last 800 hours of pure fun!* (?)

* 65 Deg. 29.92"HG , 45DEG Dew Point, at a negative 10,000' MSL, and that MS-660 would be turning a crisp 11.13 HP! or, a saw that handles a 36" bar well, taking on a 57" bar with the same authority!

The first number is wrong.. the 660 easily lasts 2000 hours at sea level..

But at 11.13hp... I'd give it a few hundred at best.. BUT you need to rework the numbers... at -10,000 feet the earth temperature is way warmer than 65!

Back