Take my challenge, I promise you will see results.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your going to get a better tuned (slightly leaner) saw. Your going to get just a little bit of more performance too.
Your going to get a longer lasting saw and all of its components.
QUOTE]

Gasoline containing ethanol has a tendency to “lean out” the carburetor mixture when compared to gasoline without ethanol.
So to compensate for this you need to be running a little richer while running E10 pump gas.
In essence you are running a little richer because the fuel kind of forces you to.

When I say you are going to get a better tuned (slightly leaner) saw, it means just that. Your getting a true tune, not-compensating for the E10 if the fuel.

If you DO NOT compensate for the lean-ness in the ethanol in the fuel mix, your going to get the problems (running to lean), hence seizure that was mentioned.

I think I'm calling it a night. Why not just carry on friendly. I think were on the same page and you really didn't know it.

Truly I mean no malice here or sarcasm. Were really on the same page here, I'm just supporting it with science and your using experience.

Last edited:
Get your dyno fixed yet?

Well I put a larger pump on it and now it easily kills my 660. Now the lovejoy coupler is destroying the center spline. That 660 really put the dyno through the test. I blew one pump and lovejoy with that torque monster. I have a new lovejoy coming. I'm going to try a curved jaw lovejoy with a stronger spline.

All i know is when i switched from E10 to 91 E free eventhing was too rich so it had to be leaned out. The throttle response was better and they seemed to start a little better but i didn't really notice a power gain.

Holy cow this thread went on and on for being such a so called lame false thread. Good job op you got 4000 some views. I missed AS for a couple days because of the damn hacker. Good to be back.

Latest posts

Back