The boss is skipping town on everyone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When people don't pay, I start walking. I wouldn't have let the bill run that high, first sign of trouble get out. There are too many good companies to work for to be wasting time with the morons.

I hear ya, but I was finally up to $70k, so I was just patching him up, and keeping him going. I had never seen the numbers he was getting for work! I think since he's good with the sales, and he has a strew of previous clients and referrals to boot, my new partner and I will make some deal with him for 20% on what he sells. If he makes us money, he can't be that bad ;)

Hey Ed, would this guy be named Jim and the ex has her own tree biz?
You answered my help wanted ad, but I guess when you found out it was me, you did not call back.
Jeff

Whooooooaaaaaa! Jeff, there you are. I hope you're doing good up north. You have the better version of what I was trying to establish in a company down here, so you probably are doing okay.

Nice day today.

Now the guy has pressed charges against me for stealing his gear. He never said meet him anywhere to drop off his gear or offered to pay me yet.

I did talk to an old client of his, and she said he had a break down at her house while doing a fence job. He left and then text back to her morbid and suicidal texts. She called the police, and repeated the texts to them. They went to his address to check his stability, and they put him in the hospital for 24 hour suicide watch.

She did happen to give me some advice about how to access his bond to pay me. And hey! He does have a active license and a bond now. :clap:

I'm definitely going to learn some contractors law at this guys expense. :greenchainsaw: You know what they say. You live by the chainsaw, and you get tried by the chainsaw......or something..:msp_rolleyes:

Now the guy has pressed charges against me for stealing his gear. He never said meet him anywhere to drop off his gear or offered to pay me yet.

I did talk to an old client of his, and she said he had a break down at her house while doing a fence job. He left and then text back to her morbid and suicidal texts. She called the police, and repeated the texts to them. They went to his address to check his stability, and they put him in the hospital for 24 hour suicide watch.

She did happen to give me some advice about how to access his bond to pay me. And hey! He does have a active license and a bond now. :clap:

I'm definitely going to learn some contractors law at this guys expense. :greenchainsaw: You know what they say. You live by the chainsaw, and you get tried by the chainsaw......or something..:msp_rolleyes:

I have a feeling this guy has a whole different story and I would bet it paints you as the bad guy... I hate to say I told you so but... ah who am I kidding I love saying I told you so... I TOLD YOU SO.

Hey Ed, would this guy be named Jim and the ex has her own tree biz?
You answered my help wanted ad, but I guess when you found out it was me, you did not call back.
Jeff

Not for nothing but sounds like its a good thing for you he didnt.

That guy maybe skipping town to get away from this guy , I would venture to say he ate way to many paint chips as a kid , and licked a few too many windows to be working with a saw ........ Period ......

Man, I have to call BS. Nobody is buying this crap.

Seriously, this is how it's been going.

I have to call our cops to see what he said in the police report, and then see if I can't just drop the junk off with them. The boss is a special forces vet with a head injury and PTSD......meaning he's a hand to hand combat pro with severe paranoia and lots of confusion. No way was I going to visit the psycho without some of the other workers with me. He sent me a text Saturday about paying me that went to the tone of I had to meet him at the BOA ALONE! So naturally I told the other workers they had to be there too.

Then I'm going for his bond. I could have been working today, but I have a truck full of his trees and an empty gas tank all of which he was supposed to pay for. He's supposed to reimburse me for gas/dump costs and my pay for all of last week. What a **** head.

It's no wonder I never let anyone I've ever worked with know where I live except for one character I knew I could trust in the past many years. Too many wackos getting ideas in their heads about what's right/wrong and mine or there's. It's aggravating. I tell any guy that is serious about contracts that unless he can keep slugging down the BS that get's thrown at you every single day, and still keep up, run....run....run from the contracts, boy, if you know what's best for you.

"Special forces vet with head injury"- please.

Kick his ass Seabass... thats what I would be yelling if Seabass was FTA's boss and FTA was Jim Carry

More and more I am thinking the true story is this guy got screwed over by you.

[video=youtube;RsxaDJAszjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsxaDJAszjs[/video]

I checked the police records. He made no report about stolen property. I guess his text "They will find you," doesn't hold as much validity as I thought.

So I'm pulling out all of the stops, and I'm offering him a deal on what he owes me to start a clean break with him, and I'm offering him a salesman position where he works when he's mentally ready and needs the cash to support himself and his kids because he is definitely an A1 salesman, but he definitely can't handle overseeing any contract completions. It works out best for everyone this way where he gets to take a load off making what he made before only doing the thing he does best, and we have two salesmen instead of one. This guy has a big network of clients built up over the years. It's not a joke. It's everything our operation just needs.

He'll probably call me some more names for a few days, and then I'll get him to take the deal.

I checked the police records. He made no report about stolen property. I guess his text "They will find you," doesn't hold as much validity as I thought.

So I'm pulling out all of the stops, and I'm offering him a deal on what he owes me to start a clean break with him, and I'm offering him a salesman position where he works when he's mentally ready and needs the cash to support himself and his kids because he is definitely an A1 salesman, but he definitely can't handle overseeing any contract completions. It works out best for everyone this way where he gets to take a load off making what he made before only doing the thing he does best, and we have two salesmen instead of one. This guy has a big network of clients built up over the years. It's not a joke. It's everything our operation just needs.

He'll probably call me some more names for a few days, and then I'll get him to take the deal.

Well good luck to you, when that stone bleeds let us know soes we can build you a cross.

Yup, that sounds like Jim.

Latest posts

Back