The boss is skipping town on everyone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1
So, FTA's boss is a psycho that owes him big money. The nut is jumping ship and FTA has his gear as collateral for money owed. Police report is filed for the return of the equipment and as a compromise, FTA will be returning the equipment, taking over the position of boss and will offer the psycho that screwed him a top notch job in the new company, yes?:msp_scared:

No, not Jim.

That's the story, capes, except I'm not owner, just manager. The climber I hired a week ago is owner now.

I figure who ever's name is on the business and accepts liability gets the top cut of everything the company makes. I'm still distinguishing myself as a manager, so I don't want to mess with either sales or liability...at all!

I've been thinking though if the new owner doesn't work out, I'll probably end up having to retake liability and ownership while I get 1 or 2 good sales reps in the deal. The first one can climb and help with the issue of modern marketing and other business advise.

OH!! Sorry for my confusion but you've cleared up the wierdness of it all when you explain that you've made the newly hired (one week ago) climber the owner of the company. Now it all makes sense.

No, not Jim.

That's the story, capes, except I'm not owner, just manager. The climber I hired a week ago is owner now.

I figure who ever's name is on the business and accepts liability gets the top cut of everything the company makes. I'm still distinguishing myself as a manager, so I don't want to mess with either sales or liability...at all!

I've been thinking though if the new owner doesn't work out, I'll probably end up having to retake liability and ownership while I get 1 or 2 good sales reps in the deal. The first one can climb and help with the issue of modern marketing and other business advise.

I think you are trying to get on mental disability and you are using your post in this forum as a reference to do it. There is no "company", you delusional dip ####.

Cape, I don't care to hard about who has the company and liability. That's not the tree work. That's a business issue. But here it is Wednesday, and I'm not working, so I don't think he can handle it either. I definitely can use him (that new climber) though. He knows more than climbing like that stuff called business. He has the resume to show for it.

Anyway the old boss says he'd pay me everything owes me today. And the HO with the dented garage roof says the estimate was $2300 :msp_confused: Why? I don't see there being that much to do for that much money. Anyway the HO is going to the home owners insurance to pay for this. That's ridiculous, and old boss is a wackadoo business owner for allowing that to happen. He does have a bond he could use if he actually had no money, and even still $75 a month would get him a 1 million dollar general liability policy. He's a crack pot business owner, but a fly boy contract salesman :biggrinbounce2: As long as he can do that thing he does right, I'm giving him a deal. 1/2 off of what he owes me, all his tools back in perfect working order, and the best sales position in the company.

I'm about to find out what he thinks about the new deal.

This is what I think of you ............and your dealings..............!
napydy6y.jpg

AA should Steiner his way out to Cali and team up with FTA :dizzy:

Any suggestions? Trivia thread maybe?

Please dont stop this thread... it should have its own sponsor. Holly crap, he actually said his climber has a great resume... the funny thing is he probably needs a resume to think he knows if the climber has any idea what he is doing.

Bob I think you would make a great asset to my Tree Business, but can you please give me a written resume. Lord knows I could ask you a few questions to see how much knowledge you have but I am a moron so give me a resume because lord knows they are as truthful as the internet... I see you listed French Model as a former job.
tumblr_md1gel5UdO1qe1ey2.png

Please dont stop this thread... it should have its own sponsor. Holly crap, he actually said his climber has a great resume... the funny thing is he probably needs a resume to think he knows if the climber has any idea what he is doing.

Bob I think you would make a great asset to my Tree Business, but can you please give me a written resume. Lord knows I could ask you a few questions to see how much knowledge you have but I am a moron so give me a resume because lord knows they are as truthful as the internet... I see you listed French Model as a former job.
tumblr_md1gel5UdO1qe1ey2.png

:popcorn:

Back