The boss is skipping town on everyone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W T F !!! So whos Jim? Think I may have seen these assclowns yesterday. I was going up the 15 and I get behind these dudes in this ollllllllllllld POS chevy chipper truck with some sort old chuck and duck, I passed them, both guys are white and both look like they where strung out on meth. I think it was AA and FTA, cept they didnt have any mowers

I think it should stay. This is one of the best threads we've had in commercial climbing for some time. You guys who are getting all wound up just take these things too serious. They get this sort of stuff in the logging forum pretty regular, but they have a great time with it there ;-)

Shaun

I think it should stay. This is one of the best threads we've had in commercial climbing for some time. You guys who are getting all wound up just take these things too serious. They get this sort of stuff in the logging forum pretty regular, but they have a great time with it there ;-)

Shaun

I agree. You guys need a new chew toy every once in awhile. Normal rules of behavior still apply though.

Cape, I don't care to hard about who has the company and liability. That's not the tree work. That's a business issue. But here it is Wednesday, and I'm not working, so I don't think he can handle it either. I definitely can use him (that new climber) though. He knows more than climbing like that stuff called business. He has the resume to show for it.

Anyway the old boss says he'd pay me everything owes me today. And the HO with the dented garage roof says the estimate was $2300 :msp_confused: Why? I don't see there being that much to do for that much money. Anyway the HO is going to the home owners insurance to pay for this. That's ridiculous, and old boss is a wackadoo business owner for allowing that to happen. He does have a bond he could use if he actually had no money, and even still $75 a month would get him a 1 million dollar general liability policy. He's a crack pot business owner, but a fly boy contract salesman :biggrinbounce2: As long as he can do that thing he does right, I'm giving him a deal. 1/2 off of what he owes me, all his tools back in perfect working order, and the best sales position in the company.

I'm about to find out what he thinks about the new deal.

Do you have any pictures of the roof damage? I know some people in the industry, in California, who may be able to help.

I noticed he was slacking off on sales this week, and he was having trouble lining up work. He's never had that problem before. Any work he did line up, he wasn't getting prices that he could profit on after paying us and paying for costs to do the jobs. I start getting worried because I didn't think this guy could get this company through a summer, and I've been depending on this. I already knew he had trouble with managing a business, but it was nothing I couldn't keep tabs on and patch up. As long as he kept those customers paying him top dollar, I thought things were going great. I had a salary.

By the end of this week he wasn't picking up the client checks. He was delaying paying us. It was looking shady, and crew became angry and highly concerned about not being paid. One of them went over to one of the HO's to get paid directly from an HO, and it worked. Otherwise the rest of us wait to be paid quite a bit of money.

The boss called us all lousy, slow, hazardous, white trash bunch, but that was only after he tried to sell his company to me for $10,000. I said he had nothing to buy, and I would not be buying his imagination. After that it was on. He threatened to have me locked up if I went to his wife's house (only known address listed on his new/second known contractor license listing online) or if went collecting checks from any more HO's. Then he says he doesn't owe me as much as he does. I have a chart I update every day showing what is owed to everyone. He has told me that he keep track of things in his head, and he writes nothing down.

Basically he's acting like I and the crew screwed up, and I'm fired for lying and causing him grief. We all know he's pulling the plug and moving out of town. I haven't lied or been trouble since I've known the guy, but I get serious about his unusual business actions this week, and suddenly he starts piling the mud on thick. He's a con too. Total con. I've seen him do his work.

Basically the truth is that he wasn't going to tell anyone he took the first trip up state to move his stuff to his new house. He still hasn't said anything about being out of town, but we know he's out of town because he hasn't picked up any of the client checks for this week. I don't know that he would have or plans on picking up the checks skipping town without paying.

At least I can sell the few saws and power pruner for the amount he owes me. I definitely want to keep the power pruner...and his smart phone.

Charles? Is that you?

If he needs help we should help, isn't that what people do for each other? If he will post some pictures it might be easier to get him in touch with the right person.

Tom, surely you can see that this guy is just a troll. No one can be as dumb as this guy appears and still be able to breathe.

Tom, surely you can see that this guy is just a troll. No one can be as dumb as this guy appears and still be able to breathe.

That may be true, but that doesn't mean he needs our help even more? Hopefully he is willing to make the necessary changes in his life and can be a positive part of society.

That may be true, but that doesn't mean he needs our help even more? Hopefully he is willing to make the necessary changes in his life and can be a positive part of society.

Running an imaginary business will never allow him to advance in our society. :msp_unsure:

He obviously is living the "dream" already. :msp_wink:

Running an imaginary business will never allow him to advance in our society. :msp_unsure:

He obviously is living the "dream" already. :msp_wink:

As you know, these are the people that need guidance the most. Think back to when you first took Charles under your wing, remember how good that made you feel?

As you know, these are the people that need guidance the most. Think back to when you first took Charles under your wing, remember how good that made you feel?

Yeah, but you need to remember how that went down in the end......

Some folks just can't be helped.....

Back