The new internet policy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOLOL. We all know Ben is Ben and yes, he was outspoken negative about the dealers in general. The funny thing is that most of the dealers get so vigourously on their high horse and like to slap people using the internet route. Shoot, this is the first time I see Thall going really mad too :laugh:

As outlined before, that service will work at the most for 2% of the chainsaw users (wild guess, I can be a few % wrong). As long as you guys provide a valuable and honoust service to the chainsaw user community, there's no possible serious competition from the internet possible.

Most customers are willing to pay a little more to benefit the service of a dealer, as long as the price difference is withing reasonable range.

Now, when are you guys planning to go on that trip, I just might take a few days off :givebeer: .

No no no Belgian, this ole cat isn't going mad over this. In fact I've been having a good time hashing with ole Ben, he's tuff, stubborn and hardcore. What better type of man to fuss and argue with. He doesn't pay any mind to what I say, he's dead set in his opinions and thats to be admired even if we disagree 100%. I get a kick out of turning things around and pushing it back at Ben. As you can see he still doesn't budge and thats great, I'll keep on shoving it back at him, all in light hearted fussing and carring on. He did shoot me a red one the other nite so I know I'm winning,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: , best part is he can't shoot me again for alittle while.,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Out of curiosity, where is the text of this announcement found? I did some looking on the Husqvarna dealer site when I stopped by my dealer to pick up some stuff for this weekend's GTG and neither of us could find any sort of internet sales related news update or a page addressing this policy change.

Spike said its on the Husky "dealer" website. I assume thats a Husky user site for dealers only. Stihl has one as well for all their dealers to use for ordering and updates about anything. I don't think Spike is at liberty to post the exact language of the internet notice yet until things are final. I'm sure when its final he will spill the beans for all of us. Are you sure you was reading the dealer site or the Husky site?

We got a letter on Sat. that directed us to the Dealer website for a more detailed explination.

here ya go ben

I got copied this off Husky's own web page and pasted it just for you. Have a look.

The Sears retail chain is Husqvarna's largest customer. Sears is the world's largest retailer of outdoor consumer products, under the Craftsman brand, and has a market share of approximately 30% in the US.

That said Ben when you start buying 30% of the US market maybe Husky will cater to you and your issue about the net. Till then I don't think they really care. Also if you read that paragraph real close it shows something very interesting.

It is because the mowers and such badged from Crapsman are made by A.Y.P or E.Y.P. or whatever its called now. Either way its basically under the Husky name now in some sort of way, so that is how they came up with that. Its not because they sell Husky branded stuff.

Also the Poulan, Weedeater crap they sell - under the Husky name. You get what I'm sayin.

The Sears retail chain is Husqvarna's largest customer. Sears is the world's largest retailer of outdoor consumer products, under the Craftsman brand, and has a market share of approximately 30% in the US.

This must be taken in the proper context. It includes most Craftsman labeled lawn and garden products. Tractors, mowers, the private label Poulan saws, on and on. Husqvarna Outdoor Products, formerly Electrolux Home Products, and before that American Yard Products makes all of that stuff for sears. Certainly, Sears doesn't sell that many Husky labeled saws.

Most customers are willing to pay a little more to benefit the service of a dealer, as long as the price difference is withing reasonable range.
I have no problem paying a little bit more for a piece of equipment from my dealer(and have) when I perceive he is giving my something of value for the increased price. In my case this means the guy has to be personable, knowledgeable, maintain a stock of common parts/consumables and be able to get me parts ASAP should I need them.

I have no problem paying a little bit more for a piece of equipment from my dealer(and have) when I perceive he is giving my something of value for the increased price. In my case this means the guy has to be personable, knowledgeable, maintain a stock of common parts/consumables and be able to get me parts ASAP should I need them.

Completely fair and reasonable position , Ben.

Geez, we ended up agreeing again?

Spike said its on the Husky "dealer" website. I assume thats a Husky user site for dealers only. Stihl has one as well for all their dealers to use for ordering and updates about anything. I don't think Spike is at liberty to post the exact language of the internet notice yet until things are final. I'm sure when its final he will spill the beans for all of us. Are you sure you was reading the dealer site or the Husky site?

Yeah, I know, that's the site I was looking at with my dealer. We couldn't find it the information, but I guess we didn't spend that much time looking.

The last time I was at Sears they had zero Husky products on the shelf.

If you shop at Sears for power equipment you don't know anything about power equipment.

I was thinking the same thing. For a while my local Sears had a couple Husqvarna saws, now they only occasionally have one model out on the display.

Except for the lifetime guarantee on hand tools, there really isn't that much to recommend Sears. Well, perhaps apart from the fact that I live a five minute walk away from one.

Yeah, I know, that's the site I was looking at with my dealer. We couldn't find it the information, but I guess we didn't spend that much time looking.

Well it really doesn't matter. Heck you know as well me when it comes to big business they will do business as they see fit. I have no doult in my mind what so ever Husky has looked at this internet thing for a long time, know exactly what it is doing for them and againist them. I'm sure they have weighed every single option before making their decision. This certainly wasn't a wake in the morning and lets change our policy all the sudden. They have studied it and made their conclusions and thats that. It will take quite awhile to see if their desicion was the right one. Hell who knows, those againist the change may be proven right way down the road and those for it may well be proved right as well. Time will tell and till then I'm done throwing fun at Ben and you too User. Been fun but its time to move on and let the big dogs do what they will....

Completely fair and reasonable position , Ben.

Geez, we ended up agreeing again?
The problem is very few meet these conditions.... The majority seem to have the attitude that you should throw your money at them on the basis of them owning the dealership.

The problem is very few meet these conditions.... The majority seem to have the attitude that you should throw your money at them on the basis of them owning the dealership.

The majority of what? those you have dealt with, or those in the "bigger picture"? :deadhorse:

Does the dealers attitude have anything at all to do with you walking through the door with that huge chip on your shoulder? You reap what you sow.

Ben if you notice this thread is slowing to a crawl because its pointless to keep fussing about it. Husky is gonna do whatever the they wanna do whether you, me or anyone else likes it or not. Throwing stones at the dealers because you like the net and Baileys isn't going to change a thing. You may find many faults with the dealers but they are entittled to run their business any way they choose to just like you do. Its not a perfect world Ben, never has been and never will be but your stuck with it like everyone else so make the best of it.

Come on over to the Jewell thread Ben and stir it up. Bring your sense of humor with you and I'll give you all you can handle. This thread is about history.

Does the dealers attitude have anything at all to do with you walking through the door with that huge chip on your shoulder? You reap what you sow.
Not it does not as I have no chip on my shoulder. I get along with my dealers just fine. Heck, I havent even dickered with them on price.

he majority of what? those you have dealt with, or those in the "bigger picture"?
Of those I dealt with, but I cant help but think that what I am seeing is a microcosm of the rest of the country.

Of those I dealt with, but I cant help but think that what I am seeing is a microcosm of the rest of the country.

Hmmm... Upper MI now represents what you see in the rest of the county...?

Ben, you may be right, but it is one heck of a leap of faith.

Back