The new internet policy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben where'd ya go

Ben please don't tell me your one of those that has streets named after you, ONE WAY. You want everything cheap, the best price, the net without the service yet it appears when its your buck being pulled on its a whole different ball game. Come on Ben, surely you can't be like those high dollar dealers you complain about,hmmmmmm

Hey men, I can get us all a good group rate since my Mom is a travel agent. I never had much interest in the travel deal, unlike some "business people" I actually had the guts to start my own business.

And in keeping with the theme that all that matters is LOW PRICE, that's the only criteria we will use. There's this great outfit I found on the net for lowest airfare around. One of the ways they cut costs is that there are no technicians around to service the aircraft. They figure they can save money by not bothering with parts and service. The co-pilot has a few tools in the cockpit in case any in-air repairs are necessary. We have to bring our own little bags of peanuts too.

I'll bring my guitar so that when we all get to Ben's place we can have a sing along by the fire. Maybe we can get an extra discount by not using the little clock radios in the rooms. I might even have to write a song just for the occasion. Haven't written anything since "The Ballad of Sap".

:bowdown: :bowdown: Spike :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brother Andrew your a big feller so don't be hogging the moose cause if his rates are 370.00 you know the food is outragous. We gotta stretch that moose for a week among the 10 of us.

I have a sawzall and I aint afraid to use it!!!!! We can slice that sucker REAL thin, it'll be alright!

You're momma use Orbitz to Spike?

Hey men, I can get us all a good group rate since my Mom is a travel agent. I never had much interest in the travel deal, unlike some "business people" I actually had the guts to start my own business.

And in keeping with the theme that all that matters is LOW PRICE, that's the only criteria we will use. There's this great outfit I found on the net for lowest airfare around. One of the ways they cut costs is that there are no technicians around to service the aircraft. They figure they can save money by not bothering with parts and service. The co-pilot has a few tools in the cockpit in case any in-air repairs are necessary. We have to bring our own little bags of peanuts too.

I'll bring my guitar so that when we all get to Ben's place we can have a sing along by the fire. Maybe we can get an extra discount by not using the little clock radios in the rooms. I might even have to write a song just for the occasion. Haven't written anything since "The Ballad of Sap".

Spike it looks like Ben isn't willing to match 125.00 a nite like those lodges I seen on the net. Of all people I thought surely he would. Well kiss my behind, Ben has been pulling a fast one on us all along. It seems what we have for sale isn't worth much, it must meet everyone on the net yet what he sells is not to be questioned nor does he have to match the net, I'm a mights shocked at him, NOT.

Last edited:
Cant buy a Stihl for the price of a Poulan.......And what you are getting at is no where near analogous.

Prove it, I want a money back guarantee if I'm not fully satisfied. And I have REAL high standards so you better be doing cartwheels and magic tricks to win my business. And clear something up for the masses. Did YOU found the lodge or was it handed down the family line. Makes all the difference in the world if you're gonna spout off about being an entrepreneur. Gambling your own hard earned money is harder than maintaining an established business.

Last edited:
Aw, come on now. I was gettin all psyched up for the trip. Can't we all go and pitch tents on the other side of the lake. We could shoot some fireworks at Ben.

Aw, come on now. I was gettin all psyched up for the trip. Can't we all go and pitch tents on the other side of the lake. We could shoot some fireworks at Ben.

Awwwwwwwww shoot it just dawned on me, we can't make Ben do anything he doesn't want to do. I guess we could have a fit and moan and groan but its not likely he's gonna change his mind. Same goes for him, no matter how much he moans and groans Husky will ignore him and so will dealers, they will conduct business the way they want just like Ben has shown us he does. Now isn't that something. It goes to prove the ole saying is true, whats good for the gander is good for the goose.

I don't think you folks accept an 145$ offer for a 370 $ listed saw, do you ?

Maybe some dealers are crooks after all :buttkick: :hmm3grin2orange:

Roland; We only act this way when we are somebody elses' customers. After all, we're just trying to get the best price. And remember, the customer is always right!!!! (or so I've been told)

I did hear the word Free mentioned somewhere ..Then maybe Manual can go with us... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Free did someone say Freeeee
Thats Right Ultra, I'll show up too.
I'll just pitch a tent, After all I do pay taxes in Michigan.:hmm3grin2orange:
Pass the Jack.

I need to clarify a point before I pass out

I never had a beef with Husqvarnas warranty rate. They paid shop rate with a reasonable time allotment. The problem I had was that the local rep used that against the dealers like that was supposed to offset all the other expenses incurred carrying the line.

I don't think you folks accept an 145$ offer for a 370 $ listed saw, do you ?

Maybe some dealers are crooks after all :buttkick: :hmm3grin2orange:

Im with you on this one, would be one thing if Thall asked what type of discount they could get.

Roland; We only act this way when we are somebody elses' customers. After all, we're just trying to get the best price. And remember, the customer is always right!!!! (or so I've been told)

LOLOL. We all know Ben is Ben and yes, he was outspoken negative about the dealers in general. The funny thing is that most of the dealers get so vigourously on their high horse and like to slap people using the internet route. Shoot, this is the first time I see Thall going really mad too :laugh:

As outlined before, that service will work at the most for 2% of the chainsaw users (wild guess, I can be a few % wrong). As long as you guys provide a valuable and honoust service to the chainsaw user community, there's no possible serious competition from the internet possible.

Most customers are willing to pay a little more to benefit the service of a dealer, as long as the price difference is withing reasonable range.

Now, when are you guys planning to go on that trip, I just might take a few days off :givebeer: .

I give out discounts and group rates all the time.... We get a special going right now in fact.
I also compete with other outfits that are on the......internet of all things. Am happy to do so, in fact.

I worked at car dealers for 15-20 years. Very few customers have nice things to say about car dealers.
We stayed open, helped people in emergencies, gave good deals, had loyal customers; yet were called Stealerships.
Why should saw dealers be exempt from criticism or competition?
How about some of you saw dealers tell us how much you love, appreciate and trust your car dealer? How they should be protected from competition?
Dealers have an advantage in the marketplace. they also take all the blame. Get used to it, and compete like everyone else.

Out of curiosity, where is the text of this announcement found? I did some looking on the Husqvarna dealer site when I stopped by my dealer to pick up some stuff for this weekend's GTG and neither of us could find any sort of internet sales related news update or a page addressing this policy change.

Last edited:
Back