The new Stihl dealer...painful experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle1!

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
And I will have to say ACE is not the place. I purchased from them because they were the only place that would sell me just the powerhead. :sucks: While making my purchase a 20in bar found its way onto the saw somehow. They had to order the saw because the biggest they had on the shelf was a MS310. Went to pick up the saw today with the free case. They had already started the saw and sent me on my way. So much for starting the saw in front of the customer and showing them how to use it. Thank god this :newbie: knows how to read a manual.

Over lunch I took the saw back to ACE because it had scratches on the bottom of the saw. The counterperson said they don't have alot of space so they started my saw on the SIDEWALK. We can cover that up with some touch up paint and your saw will be more scratched up after 2 months of use so don't worry about it were the responses I received. :laugh: I explained to them that I just spent $$$ and asked them if they went to purchase a new car and it came back with scratches would that be acceptable? Even though I should have not been calm I politely asked for a new saw. Then the person said would I take 10% off the price? I probably should have taken it but I again politely asked for a new saw.

The new saw will be here tommorrow. This is a nice hardware store close to where I work but certainly not a place to take an item for service.

Brian

Last edited:
heck, I'd take the 10%. Bet you can still change your mind tomorrow.

Tell them to start it with you... Complain to Stihl if you don't get satisfaction.

Last edited:
clean them every day:hmm3grin2orange:
huskypower.jpg

Wow you guys are hard on Kyle. If yaw recall last week I told Sawtroll a saw had to be perfect just like a car at time of sale, remember that Sawtroll? This Kyle feller here is the type of customer I was talking about. Granted the scratches are no big deal but the saw is new so to Kyle it should be as new all over and thats all fine and well, he's paying for it. I've always been ready for customers like Kyle who want their purchase 100%perfect. I got a old welcome mat I use whenever I start a saw on the ground or when showing the customers the so called proper way to start them. The saw never touches the ground or gets a mark on it. I always do that to stop Klye from coming back,LOL

Seriously I've had customers complain of grease on the bottom of the saw where I had it sitting on the work bench while they filled out their registration cards. I've learned not to do that by using a piece of cardboard to sit it on if the table is greasy. I've had customers complain about dust being on the product. I've learned to take a rag and give it a quick dusting if theres any dust on it. I've dealt with too many Kyle's in my day and as of now Kyle stands no chance of complaining with me.

Kyle if your reading this I want to thank you. You proved one of my points about customers. However Kyle I must admit had I been you I would have taken the 10% off and ran with it. Those scrathes that broke your heart on the bottom of your new saw will return soon enough with your next new saw and you won't get 10% off for those, they will be a reminder to you that a chainsaw is a chainsaw, not a car..

Wow you guys are hard on Kyle. If yaw recall last week I told Sawtroll a saw had to be perfect just like a car at time of sale, remember that Sawtroll? This Kyle feller here is the type of customer I was talking about. Granted the scratches are no big deal but the saw is new so to Kyle it should be as new all over and thats all fine and well, he's paying for it. I've always been ready for customers like Kyle who want their purchase 100%perfect. I got a old welcome mat I use whenever I start a saw on the ground or when showing the customers the so called proper way to start them. The saw never touches the ground or gets a mark on it. I always do that to stop Klye from coming back,LOL

Seriously I've had customers complain of grease on the bottom of the saw where I had it sitting on the work bench while they filled out their registration cards. I've learned not to do that by using a piece of cardboard to sit it on if the table is greasy. I've had customers complain about dust being on the product. I've learned to take a rag and give it a quick dusting if theres any dust on it. I've dealt with too many Kyle's in my day and as of now Kyle stands no chance of complaining with me.

Kyle if your reading this I want to thank you. You proved one of my points about customers. However Kyle I must admit had I been you I would have taken the 10% off and ran with it. Those scrathes that broke your heart on the bottom of your new saw will return soon enough with your next new saw and you won't get 10% off for those, they will be a reminder to you that a chainsaw is a chainsaw, not a car..

Non-existant :thumbsup: smiley.^^^^ :blob5: I'd have taken the 10% and run to the PPE section an' bought some earplugs so you couldn't hear the boss give who-ever started the saw on concrete heck, then run like da wind. Now if it were all gouged up it'd be a different matter but as metioned several times above, that bottom paint won't be lookin' great after a days work, or two whatever, unless you plan to pack around a piece of carpet to set it on alla time. Though I have to agree that when you buy something new it should be exact, but I thought that bit of return was a fair gesture on their behalf. Now I'm thinkin' 'RockGuard' for the bottom of mine, maybe Stihl should too. GAH!

:D

:cheers:

After they replaced the saw they should have shown him how to drop start it!
So it don't get scuff marks on it. I bet most on here myself included drop start. I cant get those little smiley things to work today dam.

Oh please....

... take the 10%

If it were me, I probably would have drop started it if nobody was looking.
I LOVE the welcome mat idea! :rockn: I also kinda agree, that if it is gonna get stratched up I would prefer to do the scratching :laugh:
However! To be fair, how does the store know that the customer didn't start it on concrete and scratch it up...

"Sir? I just bought this new car and there seems to be dirt on the tires... I only drove it around the block..." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-Pat

Personally, I wouldn't care at all. Its a chainsaw. Its like being pissed off that a blade on a d9 cat has scratches.

But I understand... you want to be the one to scratch it, not the dealer.

Back