The new Stihl dealer...painful experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right...the saw Manual is talking about was engineered by quality engineers, so there's no need to add extra materials (and weight) to make-up for the engineering shortcomings. :buttkick:

The Husky engineers are not even qualified to carry the Stihl engineers lunchboxes...:laugh:

Soooo......let me get this straight...you're going to jam six pounds of silicone into your saw, then cover it up with something?

Don't those Stihls way enough as it is? :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey I could jam all that silicone in that hollow cavity called a saw, that solid orange one I got,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Kyle was right to take it back. How does he know the dealer and not some Billie Bob hey-seed scratch it up. And we all know how "honest" dealers are. Once you get burned you don't stick you hand back in the fire. Unless of coarse if Manual sends you to a burn-less dealer... Thanks Man

Maybe you should take a look at The Echo lineup ..ya know all those saws are brand new, mint, still in the box. No scratches, no wear, never had fluids in em.

Hey, RED-85-Z51, I seen this shirt today browsing the web and guess who came to mind that needed this shirt. :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:
It is for sale, cheap with a 5 year warranty too.:bowdown:

5tolife.jpg

Last edited:
The Husky engineers are not even qualified to carry the Stihl engineers lunchboxes...:laugh:

Kyle bought a new Stihl saw, but it had a scratch,
"I wanna another brand new saw", that was his dispatch,

Posters said, "Surely now a scratch is bound to come",
Others said, "For the first scratch, I want to be the one",

But this thread's contents is like the chicken to the fox,
Cause then we're all talkin' about buyin' saws in a box,

Now a familiar quest, "which saw is built the best?"
Now it doesn't take a genius to figure out the rest,

Now we're talkin' about the saw and its heavy weight,
Just another thread drivin' in the ditch, déjà vu is its fate,

But I can't wait to see ole Kyle get his brand new saw,
Sportin' the latest Stihl accessory, the DemiMooreSawBra™.

Hey, RED-85-Z51, I seen this shirt today browsing the web and guess who came to mind that needed this shirt. :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

5tolife.jpg

CRAP!!!! Can't even give you rep on that VERY DESERVING post!!!!!

Kyle bought a new Stihl saw, but it had a scratch,
"I wanna another brand new saw", that was his dispatch,

Posters said, "Surely now a scratch is bound to come",
Others said, "For the first scratch, I want to be the one",

But this thread's contents is like the chicken to the fox,
Cause then we're all talkin' about buyin' saws in a box,

Now a familiar quest, "which saw is built the best?"
Now it doesn't take a genius to figure out the rest,

Now we're talkin' about the saw and its heavy weight,
Just another thread drivin' in the ditch, déjà vu is its fate,

But I can't wait to see ole Kyle get his brand new saw,
Sportin' the latest Stihl accessory, the DemiMooreSawBra™.

Hahaha....Nice!:clap:

5tolife.jpg

So where do I order it???

Im gonna get 3

I've been thinking about this for a while now, I guess "cogitating" is the word, and I'd have held out for a new chain or two and called it even. The dealer has already proven that they aren't real quick on the draw, and the 10% was a decent offer, but I'd try to get something that was "usable" and that you could get more of since they would be coming at this from a cost perspective.

Not that it matters at this point, but I'd have rather had a new chain or two vs a scratch-free saw. Scratches are a fact of a saw's life. When it's "pre-scratched" you no longer have to worry about when the first one is going to come. That's why I like used saws...I don't have to feel bad about them.

Mark

I wonder why I dont see that shirt on the ECHO website???

Have to wait till tommorrow and call my freind and se what size he wears!

Finally I see a few folks here on my side somewhat.
This will be a saw that I keep for a long time...maybe a lifetime. I own 5 acres in the middle of the corn fields. Most of my trees are hugh honey locust, hackberry and silver maple. My 056 with 32in bar wasn't big enough to make one pass through the last honey locust stump. The stump just :laugh: at the MS280 when I tried to use it before I bought the 056. I bought the 440 to speed up cutting time and to power through that 10-20in branch. Anything under 3 inches I cut with a bow saw.

On this forum I come off as a difficult customer when I'm really an easy going person who is patient/understanding. I just want a new saw for a new price not a scratch and dent.

Manual, I am a plant biotech lab tech for Pioneer. I'm not in the field side but IA corn is 103-108 day maturity. Where I live I think we have the worlds best soil. On my ground it is not uncommon to have 24 to 36 inches of black top soil. In field maybe 12 inches due to erosion. 200 bushels/acre yield is the bench mark around here.

Well Kyle1,
Looks like you did not go to ace to find a deal on a saw.

So I can respect what you are saying about getting a new saw already scratched up.
I hope everything worked out for you.

My thoughts are if you out to sell a quality product, then treat it that way.

My wife came from Iowa and I am from Nebraska.
Glad to see you posting and stick around.

Back