The old Remingtons starter thingy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugfart

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
That geared cup starter grind as you go starter units...
Are they manufactured under some other failed units replacement parts or do ya have to create your own some how?

Great saws other than that; old school frogs and magnets stuff I love so much.

I gotta have a Remington Arms Saw. It guarantees my right to muffler mods and the pursuit of torque. I have an SL4a a nice running saw that turned into a viscious running saw with a mod. A simple mod. The problem I have with it is although it handles a 20" with ease and I mean (You gotta keep in mind the stuff I'm stuck playing with) no other saw I have is spinning one better. 20" bar burried in 20" log. (I need bigger bars for the other saws)

The thing that has me down on the saw (other than the toy-co starting mechanism) is the absolutey horrible ballance this saw has out of the box. The wrist-breaking handle solution when using a larger bar. 18 or maybe 16 would make it nice, but... maybe a thin kerf? I'll have to check the chain seems pretty butch but it's 3/8 maybe .058 guage then. They made a light (remember now...) 60cc saw that man-handles a 20" bar, but it is many times as tiring to use as my SXL925. It starts at your fore-arm works back to your shoulder and begins to work on your neck. One hour! I am actually thinking of modifying the handle. I naturally want to move it forward - right over the gas cap. :bang:

Back