the ultimate Stih flippy cap poll ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your opinion on the Stihl flippy caps

• Total voters
I don't have problems with either, but I don't have as much "seat time" with the flippy caps. My only gripe is when a saw has one of each :D

If they had done the flippy caps where they fit OVER a slightly protruding neck on the tank instead of INTO a tank hole/dirt funnel, they would have gotten it right.

I voted no, based on professional use/trends. They wear out a lot faster than normal caps in a professional environment like logging and tree care. Almost all the flippy caps at my work work funky. Also, I have seen where a few tanks get funky or a piece breaks and wouldn't hold the cap tight. You don't have that problem with the old caps.

For a firewood cutter, AS CAD member or a homeowner, they are sweet. Work great and are easy to use, even with gloves.

I personally don't have a problem with them, but I've talked to a lot of customers at our shop, and only few have talked favorably of them.

I've been using them for four years and had my first mishap last summer. Not sure if I was in a hurry or just not paying attention but it caught me by surprise when I set my saw upright and the gas cap popped out. :dizzy: I still like them just pay a little more attention now.

I have or have had flippy caps on my KM130, BR600, MS361, MS440 and MS460. They work very well, except for the one on the BR600. Last Saturday, I prepared to blow leaves and filled up the BR600. It's always tough to get the flippy cap back on, and when I tried, I heard a dreadful "POP" and saw a little orange disc flying through the air. I threw the blower in the SUV before that orange disc landed. Three minutes later I was at the ACE Hardware/Stihl dealer near my home. He had a new cap installed before I finished selecting plumbing items I needed for another project. Cost? $6.75 It works fine now.

How did I vote? I like Belgian beer better than Belgian polls.

ole joat

Latest posts

Back