This is why you buy a Decent Husky (346xp) and not a POS saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a bit of a ground hogg. What is a 2MG and why would I want to climb with it? Is that similar to a 50 BMG?? I don’t think I would want to climb with one of those either. Customers might get a bit nervous.

With a 50BMG you could top trees from a few hundred yards at least. Pity those on the other side :jawdrop:

Today my Stihl dealer said that the 346XP was way better than the 260pro. True story. Yes, he does technically sell Huskies and sells tons of Stihls and stocks the 260pro. He only stocks the 455/460 box store ones because he has customers that want to buy from him instead of the box stores. He will only get an XP if someone orders it.

My local Stihl/Husky dealer told me exactly the same thing. Said he has two 346XP's in his household. One for himself and one for his kid. Head mechanic was standing right there and also said the same. He bought one because of the quality and that it was just flat out a superior saw. So, home it came with me.

Just traded my MS260 pro in for a 372XP, a choice with there recommendation once again. I'm amazed at the difference between two saws in the same class in virtually every way.

I am a bit of a ground hogg. What is a 2MG and why would I want to climb with it?

Built in the mid-to-late 50's by Mall. No, you don't want to climb with it.

Mall2MG-42.gif

Built in the mid-to-late 50's by Mall. No, you don't want to climb with it.

Mall2MG-42.gif

Oh heck, that don’t look so bad. I thought it might be like one of those medieval torture devices. Looks like the perfect limbing saw to me. Light weight, compact, narrow kerf….whats not to like?? Is that a 2 stroke or on of those new fangled 4-mix units?

No "346" club???:cry::cry::cry:

We have real saw clubs like the 361 and 460, ya'll should start one.....

Now why would we need to do this? To prove it is a real saw? Don't think we have to do that since your own Stihl dealers are claiming it.:chainsaw:

Now why would we need to do this? To prove it is a real saw? Don't think we have to do that since your own Stihl dealers are claiming it.:chainsaw:

That's a fact! As I have said many times, my dealer is a good friend of mine. He gave me opinion/advice ,friend to friend. That right there says it all. Besides I've put many, many hours on both saws now and the Husqvarna has definatelu pulled ahead of Stihl in this 50cc class of chainsaw. The 260 IS a good saw. It's just not on par with the 346 right now. Maybe it's time to overhaul the 260!!!

Because the 346 will smoke a 260 Pro and just devastate an MS250. It is lighter, more nimble and well balanced and looks cooler!

And BTW, don't get me started on the Stihls. They're good saws but sometimes their "fans" can sure be annoying.

:clap::cheers::hmm3grin2orange:

Because the 346 will smoke a 260 Pro and just devastate an MS250. It is lighter, more nimble and well balanced and looks cooler!

Ah yes but, a 5100 Dolmar will smoke that 346 like theres no tomorrow!

Last edited:
It is lighter, more nimble and well balanced and looks cooler!
This statement belongs to the 260, it's the lightest, most nimble, best looking and well balanced 50cc out, not to mention the best built it just lacks a little power when compared to the NE346 and 5100.

Ah yes but, a 5100 Dolmar will smoke that 246 like theres no tomorrow!

These 346 lovers don't want to hear the truth, better stop wasting letters now, LOL.

This statement belongs to the 260, it's the lightest, most nimble, best looking and well balanced 50cc out, not to mention the best built it just lacks a little power when compared to the NE346 and 5100.

These 346 lovers don't want to hear the truth, better stop wasting letters now, LOL.

10-4.... A buddy I cut with has one....he can keep it i'll take my 026 anyday. It does the job it's suposed to do better. WDO

This has to be one of the most enjoyable threads I've read yet. You fellers are great! When I get to 50 posts, I will rep you all!

-bearsfeat

18" MS250 VIRGIN - I will pop the cherry tomorrow am!

Latest posts

Back