Time To Buy a New Riding Mower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold on. They have a legal responsibility to perform their work adequately. They destroyed your machine. Say it was the voltage regulator and they replaced it. How kind of them! You paid them plenty for that. Did you also request that they make the machine unusable in the process?
If you go to a hospital for hand surgery, and they do a fantastic job fixing your hand, but kill you, they are liable. If a link can be made between their actions or malpractice, and your untimely death, you've got a case. You don't need a second opinion at this point because you will pay for it and there is no question they are guilty of causing harm. Your machine, even though used for years, needed a voltage regulator, not to be put to sleep. They must return your mower in no worse condition than it was in when they received it.

"I would never be caught dead on the Judge Judy show. You're going to have to come up with another idea."

Okay, I'll be you

HEY. HEY!! GOT TO MULCH!!

Hold on. They have a legal responsibility to perform their work adequately. They destroyed your machine. Say it was the voltage regulator and they replaced it. How kind of them! You paid them plenty for that. Did you also request that they make the machine unusable in the process?
If you go to a hospital for hand surgery, and they do a fantastic job fixing your hand, but kill you, they are liable. If a link can be made between their actions or malpractice, and your untimely death, you've got a case. You don't need a second opinion at this point because you will pay for it and there is no question they are guilty of causing harm. Your machine, even though used for years, needed a voltage regulator, not to be put to sleep. They must return your mower in no worse condition than it was in when they received it.
I'm not convinced. I don't know what the problem is. I do know it wasn't smoking the last time I used it and now it is. I think a second opinion is needed. The filters were changed last year. I didn't ask them to change them this year - not yet - I was going to do that at the end of the season.
Anyway....
seems it is time to buy a new mower after all. :(

Is this a fairly reliable machine?
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Troy-Bilt-Horse-20-HP-Hydrostatic-46-in-Riding-Lawn-Mower/1000178965
Nevermind - lots of BAD reviews on this mower.

42" is good for my yard - I have lots of stuff to mow around and need something low profile and on the small side.
$1300 price range.
Any suggestions?
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Riding-lawn-mowers-Lawn-mowers-Outdoor-tools-equipment-Outdoors/4294612687

husky makes good stuff

baby K.C. Kick butt

TNT,

I know this much. You deserve a brand new beautiful machine.

Poor Patriots. The end of their reign. Great Job K.C. (Got some crazy little women thar and I'm gonna get me a dozen or 2.)

TNT, get yourself a nice brand new riding mower. From what I've learned about you, you absolutely deserve it. Enjoy it.
I think that's what I'm gonna do.
They didn't bring it back today, like they said they would. Called them when I got home and they said tomorrow.
I called the other repair shop this morning and said I'll call them when I get it back and they can come look at it. They have a week wait, but I've resigned myself to the fact that my yard is just going to look like crap and there's nothing I can do about it this minute.
I want to see if this other shop can fix it, and for less. If not, I'll take it back, put it in the yard with a "For Sale" sign on it and go buy a new one.
Had to forget about it and start fall/winter preparations today.

I still have a truckload of mulch, paid for, to pick up from the lawn and garden shop. As far as I'm concerned, they can cram it. I don't ever want to set foot in that place again. :mad:

I think that's what I'm gonna do.
They didn't bring it back today, like they said they would. Called them when I got home and they said tomorrow.
I called the other repair shop this morning and said I'll call them when I get it back and they can come look at it. They have a week wait, but I've resigned myself to the fact that my yard is just going to look like crap and there's nothing I can do about it this minute.
I want to see if this other shop can fix it, and for less. If not, I'll take it back, put it in the yard with a "For Sale" sign on it and go buy a new one.
Had to forget about it and start fall/winter preparations today.

I still have a truckload of mulch, paid for, to pick up from the lawn and garden shop. As far as I'm concerned, they can cram it. I don't ever want to set foot in that place again. :mad:
That answers the : do unto others as they do unto you question ;

Back