To the Stihl dealers here - do you mind it when...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tommie,

My mistake. I guess countin' all that money has taken its toll on me.

I beg your pardon,

Joat

Notta problem Joat, time you get done yaking with me you will be able to understand southern talk, southern slang and even southern chicken scratch, bass, fiddle and one string wash tub,hehehe

Notta problem Joat, time you get done yaking with me you will be able to understand southern talk, southern slang and even southern chicken scratch, bass, fiddle and one string wash tub,hehehe

Tommie,

Well, I reckon you're 'bout a day north of me ole feller. Y'all use that yankeeized Southern speak.

Have hope, you'll learn,

Joat

There once was a chap named Tom.
who twiddled and diddled his thumbs.
And just when you thought
his gums must have rot
from all that flapping around,
he comes back with more
from deep in his store,
you'd best have your hip waders on.

Once was a donkey named Space,
Was the scourge of the human race,

Each and every post,
Would indeed be a roast,

One post was a sufficient taste.

Alas! Poor Jote!
He thinks of his note
as being a clever description.

It's not! No! No!
It's just a bad joke,
I think we should have an inscription.

There once was a chap named Tom.
who twiddled and diddled his thumbs.
And just when you thought
his gums must have rot
from all that flapping around,
he comes back with more
from deep in his store,
you'd best have your hip waders on.

There once was a man named Space.
He took his 12 yr old sister out on a date.

In the heat of passion and with his sneakers undone
He heard his sister holler, run Space run.

She ran through the woods with her dress hiked high,
Space was on her tail till he hit a tree and about died.

They drug him from the woods with a gun to his head,
His daddy told him if he moved a finger he was dead.

Back at the house things weren't the same,
Ole Space finally got caught, oh what a shame.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Awwwwwwwwww .... He laffs and said man you are on your toes, you don't play. I thought ya dayummm right,hahaha:cheers: :cheers:

Tom Hall service at it's best !!!! :givebeer:

attachment.php

Yes... I help out guys working on their own stuff, but if we're busy.. expect to wait... and, if it takes more than 5-10 minutes, expect a nominal charge. However.. it depends on the dealer and the customer. Try taking your Toyota parts to the dealer and asking them to help with disassembly....

This picture says it all !! You are a nice guy Lake.... :greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

Thanks for all your replies, lads. I feel better about dropping the saw off now - yes, it was clean, and yes, I was just asking for 3 specific jobs 1) 4 crankcase bolts out, 2) rear bar stud out and 3) flywheel off. Certainly no expectation (or desire) for them to put it all back together, and I didn't even ask about shop rates as I assume I'll be paying whatever it takes and that the guys behind the counter are fair. The flywheel on mine must be real old and stuck on, because it wouldn't come off using the method described of gently tapping the center nut.

In addition, I did order a few parts for the saw - muffler gaskets and bolts and a new rear bar stud (if the current one gets mangled), and I'll certainly use these guys again for other jobs, and picked up a new rim sprocket last week, so they've got a few dollars of mine already :)

With that attitude, there should be no problems......:)

With that attitude, there should be no problems......:)

Thanks - nope, no problems! Paid the bill (45 minutes labour - apparently the bar stud was tight). Man, those Stihl spares are expensive though - a few bucks for each muffler nut - the sort of nut which sells for a couple of bucks for a whole packet of regular nuts. Man, that's some serious cashew!

Now just waiting for the new (aftermarket) piston and cylinder to arrive, then hope like hell I can get everything back together and running :)

The rear bar nut is tight - it's in with blue loctite and needs targeted heat (on the motor flange, not the stud) to get it out.

Latest posts

Back