True fuel premix- worth it or am I wasting money

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer 87

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
My local fire dept buys 5 gallons of vp at a time and said they virtually ended no starts and fuel related issues. And for them it could be life or death. Personally i get 100LL from my airport @ 3-4$ a gallon, and am very cautious with how i handle and use it.

Benjo

Benjo

ArboristSite Lurker
I haven't seen the "PowerCare" canned fuel at my Home Depot. It's price is very appealing, vs. the $5.96 HD gets for Tru-Fuel.

Next time I'm there, I'll look further or ask someone about it.

The gray/white/black on the second shelf from the bottom are the PowerCare straight/40:1/50:1 at my local HD. It showed up last fall I think.

Attachments

• IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Boomer 87

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
What i find with tuning for avgas or for canned gas is , there such heavier fuels you have to lean the mixtures to get it right but once tuned your good to go, just be aware if you ever go back to pump gas, if your dont richen it back up you will lean sieze the piston

CLEfreak

CLEfreak

ArboristSite Lurker
At our fire station we use regular pump gas with the stihl synthetic mix, but the saws get run every week regardless of whether or not we use them. Fuel is stored in metal cans as well.

For personal, I mix ethanol free 87 with ethanol free 110 race fuel to get somewhere around 93-94 octane. We don't have anywhere around here that I know of to get premium ethanol free gas.

LoveStihlQuality

LoveStihlQuality

Addicted to ArboristSite
At our fire station we use regular pump gas with the stihl synthetic mix, but the saws get run every week regardless of whether or not we use them. Fuel is stored in metal cans as well.

For personal, I mix ethanol free 87 with ethanol free 110 race fuel to get somewhere around 93-94 octane. We don't have anywhere around here that I know of to get premium ethanol free gas.
Yeah, my department, now retired, did same.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
There seems to ba a few FF's on this board. I guess firefighting and epic, angry tools of wood cutting fury go hand in hand. Like Oreo's and milk... if you will.

What area did you work out of?
Central coast California. Medically retired then several years as a Cal Fire hazard tree falling contractor. Chose not to re-up this season.

Latest posts