Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pioneer/partner p52hp chainsaw. The case has a lot of white death. The big end of the crank has corrosion in it and I boogered up the threads really bad removing the flywheel. I believe the crank was toast anyway. Everything else on the saw looks good. How hard would it be to find a crank? Would it be worth putting any money into. The case looks pretty bad but it would probably clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pioneer/partner p52hp chainsaw. The case has a lot of white death. The big end of the crank has corrosion in it and I boogered up the threads really bad removing the flywheel. I believe the crank was toast anyway. Everything else on the saw looks good. How hard would it be to find a crank? Would it be worth putting any money into. The case looks pretty bad but it would probably clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are bad azz saws

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I seen a older post way back in this thread .. about ebay search's. You know there is craigs list pro app on androide . you type in the saw car etc .
it notifies you of new listings . this is so dangerous LOL . But fits right in with you guys CAD .. just thought I give all a heads up . I like old caddys
and wow I found alot . just to bad not enough funds LOL Im still kickin myself there was a guy just south of me had a Husky L65 for $150 last summer
and by time I decided it was gone . Craigslists are pretty hot moving , there was a 1968 caddy coupe 500 I was drooling over also dam there big cars .
but talk about torq 500 was king .

Woodblocker55

I seen a older post way back in this thread .. about ebay search's. You know there is craigs list pro app on androide . you type in the saw car etc .
it notifies you of new listings . this is so dangerous LOL . But fits right in with you guys CAD .. just thought I give all a heads up . I like old caddys
and wow I found alot . just to bad not enough funds LOL Im still kickin myself there was a guy just south of me had a Husky L65 for $150 last summer
and by time I decided it was gone . Craigslists are pretty hot moving , there was a 1968 caddy coupe 500 I was drooling over also dam there big cars .
but talk about torq 500 was king .

Woodblocker55

You can do that with regular craigslist you just click save search then click notification tab and you'll get emails with new saws or whatever. That's what I do :)

You can do that with regular craigslist you just click save search then click notification tab and you'll get emails with new saws or whatever. That's what I do :)
Wow...
I've bought and sold over 70 saws and didn't know you could do this until today...[emoji41]

My ms361 is going to be my new "bailout" saw lol. It fits in a case so I'll keep it gassed and oiled up in a case with file and tool ready to throw in my truck.
You know, I really don't think that the 361 is big enough for most truck saw situations. Thinking more along the lines of an 880 or even a 090. Better to be prepared and have more cc's right?

Latest posts

Back