Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably needs a carb rebuild
The man who sent it to me had already cleaned up the carb before sending it out and it was running. It was idling upon arrival but now it won't.
Is that the one from me?
No sir I'm hoping to get that one going this week during my time off. Starting tomorrow at 1600hrs I will have 9 days off!

Hey when i was younger, my now wife sat on my tailgate and watched me and my boss put a new trans and rear axle in his 69 camaro on a saturday night. Thats pretty close lol

Lose enough for government work lol. My wife goes shooting with me and likes to cut down yaupon with a pole saw so that's close enough for me :). She hasn't broken down on my saw habit yet she just makes snide remarks

I got a couple more macs in my collection today that came in the mail. Nothing collectible just an eager beaver and 2.0

Hello friends--Hope all are doing well!--Any one work with the old Mcculloch 35 or 33-I have some and wondering if I should buy fuel system diaphragm before I get started on them?? Any tips on tear down--What not to do??:drinkingcoffee:
Take lots of pictures, it will help with reassembly. Other than that it's pretty straight forward, take your time, don't lose any pieces. Your only going to find carb parts nos if at all.

Ooh purty, is it the Lightening or the Contra?

Edit: well seeing that you are from Belgium that answered my question, it would be a Contra lol. Well I guess it wouldn't be impossible to have a lightening over there, just rare/unlikely.
Hey,
You're correct it's a Contra [emoji1]
Pierre

Now for my little story. Apologies in advance, I just thought the whole thing was sorta funny, thought some might enjoy.

So I went to the local small engine shop to get some duckbill valves today. First I had to explain what they were. "Poulan's green, Homelite's red ect..." Then he goes "did you read the sign that said model and serial number before you order any parts." Me,"yep, I saw the sign, I'm just looking for the valves, nothing special, there are only really the two types." He than said very adamantly, "you need a whole new fuel cap, can't put new valves in." Me, "NO!!! I don't need a new cap, just a valve, I know what I am talking about. They are all over the internet, just the valve!" Him, "Well you can't trust the internet, it's wrong, ALL the duckbill valves are different, give me a model/serial number and I can look it up." At this point I'm done trying to reason with genius on the other side of the counter, and I walk out. Funny, if the internet is all wrong, I don't know what you're going to be using on the computer to look up your parts? :confused:

I've also had the joy to work on something that had previously went through his shop. I'm no expert by any means, but c'mon, really? The stuff that he claimed was wrong with the blower was in no way true. I really feel for the customer on this one, they ended up buying a new blower after they had him fix this one several times before. I fixed this one for free, only cost me an hour of my time for cleaning it up. I don't believe any of his previous 'fixes' were warranted either. Makes me grateful every time I can fix my own stuff. I would be embarrassed to do, let alone pay, for the kind of work I saw.

My apologies again for polluting this awesome thread, but I wanted to share this story. Does anyone else have any dealer/part's people funny/stupid stories?
I have pages of stupid dealer stuff but I also play stupid and bring all the equipment home with me

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back