Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an issue with my dealer telling me my handheld blower had zero compression and scored P&C and I thought the compression part was off because it sure felt good. Went home and pulled muffler and piston looked great. That's when I bought compression tester and went back and showed him he was wrong. Apparently his schrader valves had gone out and he came and admitted his fault and now we both have each other's personal numbers and are good. He was t trying to swindle me, I do trust him. Good guy and he takes good care of me. I don't mind telling someone they're wrong if I can prove it. But I will be able to prove it if I do

We got two Stihl dealers in town. One I don't purchase from anymore, cause ordering parts is really painful, the other is the Deere dealer. Excellent service and they order at least once every week, so I never have had the need to pay for shipping. I've gone through my fuel line fiasco too. Lesson learned.

I had an issue with my dealer telling me my handheld blower had zero compression and scored P&C and I thought the compression part was off because it sure felt good. Went home and pulled muffler and piston looked great. That's when I bought compression tester and went back and showed him he was wrong. Apparently his schrader valves had gone out and he came and admitted his fault and now we both have each other's personal numbers and are good. He was t trying to swindle me, I do trust him. Good guy and he takes good care of me. I don't mind telling someone they're wrong if I can prove it. But I will be able to prove it if I do
Yeah the blower made it's way to me because it was "locked up." Even before I tore it apart, I could tell it was not seized, just didn't have the usual symptoms. What had happened is some bolts holding a plate on behind the flywheel had backed out and were hitting the flywheel. Tightened those up, never a problem since. I have no idea how, or why they would have backed out. I strongly suspect he never tightened them after working on it before, but I can't tell for sure.

Yeah the blower made it's way to me because it was "locked up." Even before I tore it apart, I could tell it was not seized, just didn't have the usual symptoms. What had happened is some bolts holding a plate on behind the flywheel had backed out and were hitting the flywheel. Tightened those up, never a problem since. I have no idea how, or why they would have backed out. I strongly suspect he never tightened them after working on it before, but I can't tell for sure.

I know a guy who used to be a stihl tech and he would put a piece of rope in the cylinder so it would appear locked up and if the customer left it, he would take it home and take out the rope through the muffler. He got fired for that and doing sorry work. It took him two weeks to take a link out of a chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch, doing honest work always gets you further, even though it may not seem like it at the moment. Am I the only one that feels like more and more people are trying to take advantage of one another in this day and age?

You aren't the only ones, it seems like everyone is trying to rip you off now days.

FedEx brought me my Husqvarna 140S today. It reeks of old gas. I pulled to top cover off and I was very surprised to see a like new air filter. Just about all parts are NLA for that saw. The ignition switch is missing and the chain tensioner pin needs replacement. Those two shouldn't be a big deal. I haven't checked compression but I was told it was 130 so a caber ring is probably in order. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

All this talk about FedEx ups and usps got my CAD going so........
2 new bar & chain combos and a new carb to try a get the Poulan pro 455 off the bench
Now I can pull the welch plug and see why this wj-9 is giving me a fit
had it apart 3 times got to have something stuck inside... Now if it will not cleanup at idle I will toss it on the shelf
Install new may have to mod the linkage
Anyway I feel better now

2 new bar & chain combos and a new carb to try a get the Poulan pro 455 off the bench
had it apart 3 times got to have something stuck inside... Now if it will not cleanup at idle I will toss it on the shelf
Anyway I feel better now
It does bring some nice instant gratification doesn't it? lol I have some extra bar nuts and a ratio-ritemeasuring cup inbound.

I don't know about everyone else but I prefer FedEx for my shipping. If you get something from me besides a letter there's a 99% chance it'll be FedEx. I also used to work for them while putting myself through school.

Anyway I feel better now

Me and carburators have a love hate relationship so I know exactly how you feel haha!

Well after spending some time with the new farm pro 375 it definitely needs to ve split. It sucks bc its in such good shape. But im bound and determined to get it fixed. So i may be parting with a saw or 2 to fund getting it done

Where are the pictures?

Well after spending some time with the new farm pro 375 it definitely needs to ve split. It sucks bc its in such good shape. But im bound and determined to get it fixed. So i may be parting with a saw or 2 to fund getting it done

Ooooo Cody parts with a saw...I like this part lol. Sorry bro [emoji51]

Lol my wife just asked what I was smiling at while I typed that

Latest posts

Back