Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I'm not the only one. Not about recouping the money. It's more for the experience and like you said carrying on and enhancing the CAD

Mark this on your calendars gents. It was this day in history when the Stihl guy and Poulan get met on common ground and shook hands.

...but the Stihl guy spit in his hand first mwahahahaa!
Pushing his luck says I---

Well I mowed grass-Happy the mower ran well after idle all winter. Got out my 330 homelite--runs great after carb kit,lines and reboot. Never has oiled bar--oil pump diaphragm stiff-its old--Decided to order new 1--Tired of messing with it--That saw at idle seems powerful the way it jumps around--I will give full lowdown after run in. Did my taxes--Fun:reading::(:mad::eek:--Taxslayer

My evening was pretty good, although it didn't take much to make it good after working on a paper for most of the day. Figured out that the duckbill valves on the Homie were mush. Sort of explains why she wouldn't hold any fluids on her side. I also worked on the 361 kit saw, and I got some questions. #1, when doing pressure tests on fuel lines, is it normal for it to drop down very slightly? I tried it on my potentially leaking line as well as on a known solid hose and I got the same results. Pump it up to 5psi and then it drops to 4 or so after a couple of seconds, then seems to stay at a pretty steady pressure. #2. I am building the test plates to do pressure/vacuum test on the ms361. The exhaust side is simple, but the carb side, can the sealing plate cover the impulse hose? I can't seem to find any good pics of the stihl factory tool.
As long as it stays steady pressure, I wouldn't worry about the 1 psi drop

And you should be able to block off the intake and impulse line at the same time. Should be fine. I use a chunk of rubber inner tube to make block offs

Lonestar-you said you were not a carb guy--I use to hate messing with 2 cycle carb kits-but while out of work with back I think I put at least 10 kits in different saws carbs. Now I kinda enjoy doing it.Helps when saw tunes-runs great after new kit!

It's not that I'm not a carb guy...it's that I've never done one before. I'm learning them. Learning lots on these saws all the time.

Oh heck, I've been doing this a while and I'm still learning. Just tonight I put a rag in the exhaust side of the cylinder and forgot about it. What did stupid do when it wouldn't pull over easy, PULL HARDER of course!!!:dumb2:I think I got most of the rag out, but I will pull the cylinder to make sure tomorrow. Also, does anyone know size of bolt goes in the Stihl decomp. I welded the decomp valve that came with the kit shut, but that also didn't go so smoothly. I just want to put a bolt in there and be done with it.

It's not that I'm not a carb guy...it's that I've never done one before. I'm learning them. Learning lots on these saws all the time.
Never--say it is not so!!:eek:--In that case order a kit-get some carb cleaner with spray tip and lets do one--I get a lot of kits from a guy(Gary*) on ebay(kit shown on a green background) . He adds extra gaskets for mounting etc. Keeps me from having to make them--I count turns clockwise on mixture screws til bottomed out then remove-puts you back at a good starting point. I reassemble using 3 in 1 oil-everything moves free.I do not remove welch plugs-never needed to so far.Lay it out in order. Some walbro carbs --Stamped metal cover takes thick gasket and machined cover takes thin gasket--May have this backwards--been a while--Just pay attention.

I scored another pro Mac 10-10 yesterday. They had an xl12 as well but I spent all my cash on the Mac.
62414202de625dce63e43ac02544b71b.jpg

I have a husqvarna 140S on the way as well. I don't need any more project saws but you can't ever have too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back