Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to accumulate all my Stihl bars in 3/8 .063. Probably would've been better to do 3/8 0.050 but that's just how they started coming so is tuck with it. Stihl likes the .063. My only bar in .050 is the 28". But most are the same so it's work I only need one roll for most. Then I could get the milling chain roll

Man I've been tinkering with the idea of making my own chains...I know it's not really saving any money but I like to do stuff myself. Probably not a wise investment at this point but it'd be funnnn
Yes it is, and it does save a little money over time, especially with old unavailable chain, like .404"x.058" chisel chain...

New arrival
08 is running good
07 motor is completely blocked could someone inform where I can find top end or compatibility
f147feeece8aa850974b0f13d9965d54.jpg
a0bd38d4172aa9fdf2c77c6623a471cf.jpg

Man I've been tinkering with the idea of making my own chains...I know it's not really saving any money but I like to do stuff myself. Probably not a wise investment at this point but it'd be funnnn
I to have thought about it,making them off a common size roll. Might not recoup cost but cool to enhance the CAD experience--more tools!!! It would put me out of the rusty/stuck chain restoration business ..:drinkingcoffee:

I to have thought about it,making them off a common size roll. Might not recoup cost but cool to enhance the CAD experience--more tools!!! It would put me out of the rusty/stuck chain restoration business ..:drinkingcoffee:

Glad I'm not the only one. Not about recouping the money. It's more for the experience and like you said carrying on and enhancing the CAD

Mark this on your calendars gents. It was this day in history when the Stihl guy and Poulan get met on common ground and shook hands.

...but the Stihl guy spit in his hand first mwahahahaa!

Go to AOMCI site for old outboard info and parts source----Its a forum for old outboard Guys-Become a member and you get into the INNER Sanctom-I am a member. David --NAPA has a book of old outboard parts back to the 50,60,70's --coils,carb kits,waterpump kits etc... I suddenly have a strong desire to collect and repair old outboards-Arrrrrrrrrrr1!!!! I love running the old things--Freaks people out when you cruise up using a 1937 johnson or 1949---purring like a cat and totally reliable to go any where--AS long as you bring tools and a few SHEAR PINS--Yall don't know nothing about that though--Ha Ha!!!! I am crazy about them!! Pullin the rope on a 2 stroke--thats me--David--I have a history of it--One night I will tell how I got into the old OB obsession...
I have a very nice British seagull outboard

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Hahaha I'm only at guns and chainsaws. But most my money goes towards my kids
Don't worry that won't last long. I would be in a world of trouble if I had more room. I would come up with a lot of expensive tractor project very quickly.
Guns are fun too, but because of where I live i don't get to shoot very often. It's about a half-hour drive to the nearest range.

Don't worry that won't last long. I would be in a world of trouble if I had more room. I would come up with a lot of expensive tractor project very quickly.
Guns are fun too, but because of where I live i don't get to shoot very often. It's about a half-hour drive to the nearest range.

I'd love to have an old tractor to work on with my boys. I'm on the lookout

Latest posts

Back