Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what did everyone do today? Had to help dad put in some windows, but then I talked to the neighbor, and got permission to have some logs for lumber:sweet:. I finally got to unleash the full power of the 361. First time I've had it buried with a 20'' in wood. Sure put a smile on my face. It's a sweet saw, but it feels like it's lacking some power, which means, I need one of the 660 kits. Help me!!! Probably going to end up getting the mill tomorrow and starting to mill up some logs. Should be fun, might post some pics if I remember to take any.

Got the old Johnson Going after 1 year of not running--Flooded it-dry it out-new plugs-check for spark-ok --cranked and ran like its old self.:sweet: --Old boat motor man taught me to soak down points with WD-40 before installing flywheel etc-Keeps them from oxidizing==no fire-I now spray all points saws and motors this way--works great--In the past told to keep points clean oil free but this is different-I saw him do that-thought it would gum up/burn points-instead it ran like a top.

I don't think I have shown this saw here yet. It's a good saw for its age but gets trumped by other saws in my collection. It has a custom spike on it made by the really old man I bought it from so I'm keeping it that way. 24" hard nose bar and a decomp kind of like a super ez. Choke lever is cool on this one too.

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
I don't think I have shown this saw here yet. It's a good saw for its age but gets trumped by other saws in my collection. It has a custom spike on it made by the really old man I bought it from so I'm keeping it that way. 24" hard nose bar and a decomp kind of like a super ez. Choke lever is cool on this one too.

Sweet saw!

Back