Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at my saws from yesterday again and I did not get two 08s'. Instead I got an 08s and a S10 top handle.
5ac78fde3038ce1079e2094734a88bfd.jpg
d73b774977b13b25a255f50183e503bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the old Stihls but never see any local around here--David-good scores--look well made.

It will be. I wonder what is the difference between a s10 top handle and an 08s is. I have an early 08s with the red cover and I don't see anything different from the s10.

I think the 08s was actually produced before the s10. They are pretty similar. I think it's funny that the s10 is a 50cc saw but max bar length is about 18"

Where did you get the louvre?
Bent out of some stainless scrap. Took a long time and was pretty touchy because of it's size. Quite happy with how it turned out. Now it's not blowing in my face or my hands lol.
Some good high heat paint will make it look real good blended in.
Though about it, but I built it out of stainless so I wouldn't have to mess with painting it. Will find some matching stainless screws and round the corners better and call it good.

I think the 08s was actually produced before the s10. They are pretty similar. I think it's funny that the s10 is a 50cc saw but max bar length is about 18"
Hey, well about everything would beat an axe or a misery-whip even if it was super heavy and couldn't handle much of a bar.

Actually looked at buying one. Hanging it up as a reminder of where we came from :)
I was gifted a Disston one-man from a relative last fall. Pretty good condition, albeit quite rusty and dull. Haven't touched it much because I don't want to screw it up restoring it. Looks pretty nice where it hangs on the wall lol. It's quite hard to find around in my area as I don't go to many auctions or flea markets, and antique stores are out of their mines with asking prices $100+ for some rusty, handle-less piece of junk.

I was gifted a Disston one-man from a relative last fall. Pretty good condition, albeit quite rusty and dull. Haven't touched it much because I don't want to screw it up restoring it. Looks pretty nice where it hangs on the wall lol. It's quite hard to find around in my area as I don't go to many auctions or flea markets, and antique stores are out of their mines with asking prices $100+ for some rusty, handle-less piece of junk.
Plus it don't have a motor on it. [emoji30]

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

It will be. I wonder what is the difference between a s10 top handle and an 08s is. I have an early 08s with the red cover and I don't see anything different from the s10.

I don't believe you have a S10,just the oil tank/oiler.They will fit other saws like the 08S

Latest posts

Back