Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I done some troubleshooting on the PM700 last night, it won't hit on prime via carb or sparkplug hole, it's pulling fuel because I was able to flood it and get fuel leaking out the exhaust port through the muffler bolts. But when I pull the plug and check it, I get a spark on the outside when it's grounded in open air, so I settled on the idea that the coil is weak and won't fire under pressure.

So I done some troubleshooting on the PM700 last night, it won't hit on prime via carb or sparkplug hole, it's pulling fuel because I was able to flood it and get fuel leaking out the exhaust port through the muffler bolts. But when I pull the plug and check it, I get a spark on the outside when it's grounded in open air, so I settled on the idea that the coil is weak and won't fire under pressure.

You just need to put a full skip on there and you'll be fine

Isolate the ignition coil from the grounding side of it if it will fire at that point check to make sure that it's not rubbed through somewhere, Rich was just in there fixing the Killswitch maybe something didn't get laid back down properly and it rubbed through

Isolate the ignition coil from the grounding side of it if it will fire at that point check to make sure that it's not rubbed through somewhere, Rich was just in there fixing the Killswitch maybe something didn't get laid back down properly and it rubbed through
Alrighty, I'll check to see if that's the case, but if it were the case would I still get fire like I do when I ground the plug in open air?

I worked on my early 024 some today.
Muffler mod on a huztl muffler for an 024/026
1e715b82d4851c92bd63beb821e8e7a8.jpg

I used some craft felt to re-flock the air filter.
1fe90708746a7ee0732f791d2e5b8ab9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back