Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some parts coming for my 394 so I can put it together, it's gonna be wicked ugly but I don't care......

It's gotta have a name that fits the way it looks.

I'm thinking dumpster Dave

Anybody got an idea

Today was a not a good day to work on saws. First, I got to find out that the clutch drum I had ordered for the Mac 250 is too small.[emoji849] Then I was trying to modify a bar for the lower hole for the 250 oiler and promptly broke the 1/16 drill bit drilling through the rails. [emoji36] Still haven't gotten it out yet. Good and messed up. Really could use a mill right about now to simply mill a elongated slot in the bar instead of the diddly drill bit business. After that I decided to see how the new Windsor bar looked on the 361 and also found out that too was wrong. Bar slot is too narrow, probably a Husky mount. I promptly left the shed after that. One of those days for me. But on the bright side, I did get a Silky Zubat today. It is a beautiful tool if you have never used one before, and will get used so much by me.

Today was a not a good day to work on saws. First, I got to find out that the clutch drum I had ordered for the Mac 250 is too small.[emoji849] Then I was trying to modify a bar for the lower hole for the 250 oiler and promptly broke the 1/16 drill bit drilling through the rails. [emoji36] Still haven't gotten it out yet. Good and messed up. Really could use a mill right about now to simply mill a elongated slot in the bar instead of the diddly drill bit business. After that I decided to see how the new Windsor bar looked on the 361 and also found out that too was wrong. Bar slot is too narrow, probably a Husky mount. I promptly left the shed after that. One of those days for me. But on the bright side, I did get a Silky Zubat today. It is a beautiful tool if you have never used one before, and will get used so much by me.
Do you use it in your left hand?[emoji51]

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

You need a bar for the 361? I have a 24" forestry bar not in use

Had to look that tool up, why didn't you say a hand saw, I was thinking something else. [emoji33]

I have some 250 parts. Pm me what you need and I'll send it to you.

You need a bar for the 361? I have a 24" forestry bar not in use
No, I don't need another bar. I was just trying to get a shorter bar to use on the 361 if I ever have the 20'' stihl bar on the Mac at the same time. Dumb me never looked at the ebay listing to say if it fits a stihl. Going back, it was one of two that was not stihl compatible. It's not a big deal at all, just trying to diversify a little. I guess I will have to get another saw to fit my nos bar then ;). See it all works out in the end lol.

Do you use it in your left hand?[emoji51]

No, and I wasn't about to drag out the drill press and set it all up because it was just going to be as imprecise as doing it by hand.
Realization kicked in right now, if the mount is too small for the stihl, it will probably fit the 250. Will just have to see if the oiler holes line up.

Lol look at me. Going to have like 5 posts in a row replying to all the comments. No wonder how I finally crossed the 1,000 post count! I need to make one larger one.
Had to look that tool up, why didn't you say a hand saw, I was thinking something else. [emoji33]

It's true, it's a very nice Japanese saw, human powered of course! The handsaws have become an essential for me now. I have a ps40 from stihl (ars actually makes them), and I got this one because the stihl had too short of a blade for some of the work I was doing. The hand saws are so much more convenient than trying to start a saw way up on a ladder, and I never have to worry about running out of gas with this model.

Lol look at me. Going to have like 5 posts in a row replying to all the comments. No wonder how I finally crossed the 1,000 post count! I need to make one larger one.

It's true, it's a very nice Japanese saw, human powered of course! The handsaws have become an essential for me now. I have a ps40 from stihl (ars actually makes them), and I got this one because the stihl had too short of a blade for some of the work I was doing. The hand saws are so much more convenient than trying to start a saw way up on a ladder, and I never have to worry about running out of gas with this model.
I wasn't thinking of an actual hand tool, more on the personal line of tool.[emoji87]

Latest posts

Back