Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With part available and decent prices, that should be thrown in there also.

Steve

Good point. The Dolmar 110 shares a lot of parts with several 11x series models and quite a few with the PS43/52 and their Makita siblings. Plenty sold in Europe and in Germany price gouging seems to be somewhat less of a problem than in Italy or in France, even when shipping is factored in. The only difficult parts to get seem to be cylinders.

Got another one of my pro Mac 10-10 saws running. Just about all of mine leak a little gas at the tank seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull the tank top and use JB Weld gasket maker/sealer. It worked great on 2 of mine. I also used it on the gas cap...pushed it deep into it, screwed it down then off and let it sit off. Worked great.

I made my first attempt at cleaning up aluminum transfer. Nothing catches a fingernail. I do see streaks tho. What do you guys think?
09a6ab42bdbedd079f9878a617e9a524.jpg

Pull the tank top and use JB Weld gasket maker/sealer. It worked great on 2 of mine. I also used it on the gas cap...pushed it deep into it, screwed it down then off and let it sit off. Worked great.

I have done that before, i need to get some new cork gaskets.

I used cork gasket and sealer on 10-10s and just the JB sealer on the pm700. Held great either way. Didn’t even need the cork gasket. It is a maker/sealer after all but I figured I’d try it both ways. I just wiped it down and used the dremel wire brush a little to break up deposits

I decided to try and get a sixty seven year old saw to run.
I got a Hornet 3600H from a friend a couple of years ago because it was the oldest saw he had for sale.This summer i came across another one.So i thought i would see if i can get one to run.
Got one tore apart and found a coil that the covering was all cracked,so i tore into the other and same thing,just a different colored coil.The first one did produce some spark but i don't think it would last long.
So now i need to find a coil,or try to fix the ones i have.
The carb cleaned up nice,tank will clean up easy,but the coil will be a hassle.I was hoping that having two saws i would have enough good parts for one.
So if you have a coil...

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 11
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
@Mac&Homelite how did that little Jonsered turn out?

Ehh, could have been better lol. You sure weren't kidding about welding up the hole in the muffler. That back part was gone, but I found a good chunk of it on the back of the flywheel on the magnet. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with it. After handling it, I really liked the feel of it compared to my 017 and ms361, and decided I want to look for another Jred 510-520 and use this one for parts or another saw in that class like a Dolmar 110. I think the piston and cylinder is salvageable off of it, but after a little looking the muffler and the new antivibe it needs makes it a expensive repair of sorts. Got the Homelite 350 and other saws to fix first so I will reevaluate it later.

Latest posts

Back