Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always done them with engine not running, if you don't get the lash correctly to start with, your adjustment will be off. I've always got the lash out and then turned the push rods til I had slight drag, then one full turn click wise, with the valve closed, rotate engine once and do the rest, never had a problem, of course I've been doing this for over 30 years.

Steve

I've always done them with engine not running, if you don't get the lash correctly to start with, your adjustment will be off. I've always got the lash out and then turned the push rods til I had slight drag, then one full turn click wise, with the valve closed, rotate engine once and do the rest, never had a problem, of course I've been doing this for over 30 years.

Steve
Done em that way too just prefer running. I'm of a mindset I'd rather on the looser side than too tight. And hang a valve

Thanks guys, I’ll see what I can do. This car lived most of its life in a town on the banks of the Mississippi rive and was probably in the misssippi river flood. It is in pretty sad shape mechanically. There is a bad squealing in the transmission, the brakes still don’t work even tho everything is new. It is have been a real mess to work on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I’ll see what I can do. This car lived most of its life in a town on the banks of the Mississippi rive and was probably in the misssippi river flood. It is in pretty sad shape mechanically. There is a bad squealing in the transmission, the brakes still don’t work even tho everything is new. It is have been a real mess to work on
Gotta love it lol i gotta do all the brakes on my new to me 69 Chevy c10

May have to put a engine in a Chevy Spark because a spark plug ground tip broke off and did some major piston damage and had an exhaust valve stuck open. Glad the spark plug isn't covered in the power train warranty. Engines in those cars are disposable, can't reuse a lot of its parts when you take them off.

Steve

May have to put a engine in a Chevy Spark because a spark plug ground tip broke off and did some major piston damage and had an exhaust valve stuck open. Glad the spark plug isn't covered in the power train warranty. Engines in those cars are disposable, can't reuse a lot of its parts when you take them off.

Steve

I wonder how long spark plugs are supposed to last, my momma’s van has 170,000 on the original spark plus.

Those cheap Chevy cars must not be all that great, my fiancee’s sonic doesn’t really want to go that well unless the engine is warm. My Nissan Altima goes quickly for a 4 cylinder and the sonic seems anemic compared to mine.

How did you find out diesel fuel was in the tank?

Steve
I can't be 100% confident it was Diesel, but it wasn't gasoline, I checked fuel pressure and when it leaked on my hand it felt oily. So I took a sample and poured it on the floor I wasn't able to get it to light off with a torch. So I knew it wouldn't burn right in the car. It would hit now and again causing a backfire which appeared like a timing issue but I did a comp check and I had 220 psi across the board. So that told me if my timing was far enough off to cause a no start it would of been low on a couple cylinders which I didn't have.

So I jumped the pump relay and drained the tank, put new fresh gas and seafoam. It took it a few times but eventually it stayed running.

Latest posts

Back