Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice big ole monster what did it end up being

Its an 840, 99 cc gear reduction with 1/2” chain. Started to clean it up yesterday. Was told it ran not long ago, but we’ll see. It feels to have A LOT of compression. I think I am a bit out of element with this behemoth, not much to be found online about working on them and I fear messing it up.

Its an 840, 99 cc gear reduction with 1/2” chain. Started to clean it up yesterday. Was told it ran not long ago, but we’ll see. It feels to have A LOT of compression. I think I am a bit out of element with this behemoth, not much to be found online about working on them and I fear messing it up.

Beautiful McCulloch! You’ll love it. If not there’s many to pass it on to

Awesome score!

Dont worry about it too much, lots of parts out there for it. Alot of those old large frame macs like that share parts. The trickiest thing on those seem to be the carburetor I think.

@heimannm knows Mac saws back to front, he would be the one to ask if you have questions. And if you run across problems please post them here in the thread ao it will be recorded for everyone to see :)

Someone say rare saw, he's one.
355e5b2a86c4c25802cb6615def9b2b6.jpg

Steve

But theses are cordless, gasless and oil free. A environmental friendly saw. You don't even need all that protective gear, just two strong backs.

Steve
Sorry you must mean two broken backs. I've used one enough, 5 minutes actually, to know that they are much better looking on a wall than in wood. I will take any saw, except a plastic poulan over a misery whip any day!

My dad picked up a Stihl saw gas tank, cylinder, crankcase but it has slanted fins. And another crankcase, muffler, cylinder, piston, coil and starter but he said this one is bigger. He said he thought the biggest one was an 044. I thinking he got a 10mm pin 044 and a 064 or 066?

He also got a 372xp and a 55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10mm pin 044
Stihl 046
Husqvarna 372
Husqvarna 51
Echo cs-346
Stihl 064 or 066 starter
Stihl 044 starter (broken housing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back