Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out this hunk of junk is a 12mm pin saw, at least I have a new oem piston kit for it. I still have never found a 10mm pin 044.
f1c83bbc131775d5695fbb17d155a6dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to see a saw that's been rode hard. Makes me think who ever treats one like that, don't need to use a power saw, maybe a hand saw. Then after using that for awhile they would appreciate and treats a saw a lot better.

Steve
I hear you there, couple of hours with an axe and misery whip and you gain a world of appreciation for any power saw. Even the lowly little 017...

I hate to see a saw that's been rode hard. Makes me think who ever treats one like that, don't need to use a power saw, maybe a hand saw. Then after using that for awhile they would appreciate and treats a saw a lot better.

Steve

I am working on a MS360 Stihl that the piston was scored on both sides. On the outside it looked super clean, but under the covers it was the nastiest saw I’d ever seen. I’ve seen plenty of mistreated saws.

You can't swap parts between those saws, top saw has a black cover and bottom saw has a bigger model number on it .

Steve

The crankcases look the same and the cylinders have the same part numbers. I know the gas tank and handles are different. I am hoping to put the 575 cylinder on the 577 or use the 577 cylinder on the 577 it one of them cleans.

Back