Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled out my old Sears Ranger out Saturday to let my cousin look at it. He went to pull the rope and thought it was locked up, til I told him to pull it til it was off compression stroke. He said that thang will pull your arm out of place trying to start it. Then I showed him the compression release. Dad said he didn't like that saw, I told him thats because he can't pull it. :)

Steve

Hmm, that weird. What's up @Jackofall? We're missing you over here.
Well it's a really funny thing he just disappeared. He has one of my saws too! I did a little research and phoned him at work but it either wasn't him or he was pretending not to know anything about having any dealing with me.

Well it's a really funny thing he just disappeared. He has one of my saws too! I did a little research and phoned him at work but it either wasn't him or he was pretending not to know anything about having any dealing with me.
Had you spoke with him before over the phone? Just curious if you could recognize it being him

Shoot, that's no good. Wonder what's up with him?

What saw does he still have?
If you go back in this thread to page 578 on October 29th he tells the story in his own words. Which everything he said was true. Only problem is he disappeared like 3 days later and still has both Clinton Chainsaws. I've tried contacting him many times via text, PM's, and phone with no response until I tracked him down at his work place. I'm not 100% it was the same Chris Hobart as on here but his job description and address match up with his phone number that was being used before he disappeared.

I have to add that none of this makes any sense that he would do something like this especially after posting pictures and everything on here of the saws along with the story behind them. If something happened in his life or whatever the case might be I'm fine with waiting it out. It would be nice to least know what happened or if he just decided to keep them or something else.

Back