Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another ID help. Thx
156ac1c2e045296400ef3ad009e747ce.jpg

Erik

1-81 HD is 87 cc (2.125" bore x 1.5" stroke) like many other models but does use thin rings vs. the thick rings used on many other similar sized engines. There was no direct drive equivalent, the 1-70 (direct drive) and the 1-80 (gear drive) used the thick rings.

The 1-80HD is one model that has eluded me so far. I do have a very nice 1-80 that I got from Ike Holtz, and a 1-81 that may have come from Joeymt33. The 1-80 is a good runner and fun to take to GTG's so folks can really see, hear, and feel the operation of the air vane governor. I am also missing the 1-82, they must not have made many as I have only seen 3 or 4 every come up on eBay.

The 1-80

View attachment 639605

Mark
Thanks Mark.
Are you more fond of the saws that have a corresponding direct drive, maybe for parts availability.

Zip has diff handle. Like a Mc 35 but diff handle also

Erik
Yup.. You're right.. I apologize, just a shot in the dark.. I think a person needs to be around the oldies and moldies a lot more than myself. And for a lot longer than I have also. I think I stepped on my wagger this time. You guys sure keep me in line.. Good job.. Cheers. K

Latest posts

Back