Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So cool.. Didn't know if you caught my drift.. Thanks for the song.. Damn site easier playing it on the computer, than digging through about 4,000 vinyl looking for Jerry Reed, and the right album.. Cheers, KView attachment 643792
What is a record ??? LOL Right over there by my casset tape collection--David

Here the little sister , after the same therapy it run sooo well , you have to pull hard on rope when starting like the cd . Just need those oring on manual pump and it should be fine [emoji5]
3f9930eee6fcdd7f183bb952c3acecab.jpg
b3fde3f82c3eaf816bd704e82190534e.jpg

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk
I have a soft spot in my heart for the metal handled chain brakes on old huskys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--David--must get more ------

Dad had an old Jacobson push mower when I was a kid. Odd thing of it was the blade. Otherwise it was just an ordinary 4 stroke mower.

Never figured out if the blade was add-on or original. It was a disc with 4 triangle sickle like blades on it.

It was great for over grown areas and gopher mounds. The disc was like a flywheel and that sucker was hard to stop.

It got abused for sure. Eventually snapped a rod or crank. Don't remember the make of the engine but we put a Tecumseh on it but it was never as strong as the original.

I have posted in a long time, but picked this up today for $5, but it needs a little work.
7b8bab900b63ff57b605b66e198e32a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one, I've got one of those, though in much rougher shape. You'll like the light weight magnesium deck and power of that mower. Much lighter than a new aluminum deck four stroke model. Mine has the much appreciated chainbrake.

Ok, so I have a hard one for you guys, what's your favorite vintage chainsaw, pre 1980 aaaand go!

Mine is the Super XL 925, just can't beat it. It's got style and power, only deficiency is no antivibe, ohh and overheating lol

01cacaab98fa514d23396ad1576668f6.jpg
I like my Poulan 3700 bow, when I'm done with the 5200, my story my change. I still have a sweet spot for my red craftsman/poulan 2300 av, that was the first saw I bought and it was new.

Steve

Ok, so I have a hard one for you guys, what's your favorite vintage chainsaw, pre 1980 aaaand go!

Mine is the Super XL 925, just can't beat it. It's got style and power, only deficiency is no antivibe, ohh and overheating lol

01cacaab98fa514d23396ad1576668f6.jpg
Remington PL-55.
Same displacement/power as the 925, all while being somewhere over two pounds lighter than the 925.

HOE was a USA importer for Partner saws back in the late 50's early 60's, not a lot of info available on the importer but the Partner R11 was common enough at least in Europe. The first R11 had a straight rear handle with a thumb throttle like this one the later version has a more standard trigger throttle and curved handle. For this early version HOE had just simple water slide decals for I.D and then later had stamped aluminum name plates made up that were pop riveted onto the starter housing and clutch cover.

I found this saw languishing in an old van with most of the windows gone sitting in a field in Iowa at a small engine repair, it had been there for a good while. Some how it escaped serious corrosion and rust and is now a good runner. These are high compression engines and I expect a hot-rod saw in it's day. The oil pump drives off of the end of the crank (flywheel nut) and the coupler was missing on this saw, I made one up from a 13mm socket and siliconed it onto the flywheel nut to drive the pump. With 90cc displacement and high compression it takes a commitment to get it going, but with the overbuilt Bosch ignition (throws a really hot spark) it starts easy once it is fueled.

This one came with a 18" bar and 8 tooth sprocket with .404 63g chain, dry weight for compete power head less bar and chain is 19-1/4 pounds.

Tim

View attachment 644099 View attachment 644100
View attachment 644286
Looks like a well built machine

View attachment 645127 not pre 80 i dont think, but check this out anyway lol
Dang, now that's what I call a limbing saw there, you can trim the lower tree limbs with that bar. Gee man, that's just sick. I don't have but one tree trunk I could use that on. Over 6' at the base.
1eb9c6bae80d0afc2f4dc4e780f5fafc.jpg
4491660b470fded6cbd1362105b63f45.jpg
8a29f25a6c3b59da443765038d6f8f78.jpg
c5c99903821da17fe6a9e9e9b9a0f82d.jpg

Steve

Back