Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some one on the other not to be mentioned site was working on getting some custom reeds made up. I drew up a cad file for him, and last I heard he was trying to get them cut out on the waterjet or laser table out of reed material for the mac cart motors. I am curious as how that went and will have to ask. As long as you have a dxf. file (I believe) most shops can cut it out for you.

Well guys sorry been out for some time. Just been a lot going on then Sunday our neighborhood and area got hit by tornado and straight force winds. Family is ok but gotta deal with insurance now.
c4b36eb4c8bbbc1aecd89c239273e9a4.jpg
a6a60f96847762d4342ff7bbd4ada349.jpg
d32d904c091d3064fd4f0d42a9d9a0b6.jpg
acfa9c02152d3a721fe49a263f3a1e41.jpg

At least my main work trip wasn’t harmed because I needed them. I think some of my babies got some water and hail hits. My NOS McCulloch bar went flying 5 feet to the concrete floor :(. Glass on all my tools and still uncovering more damage. Haven’t been able to check all my stuff as I’ve been clearing and taking care of kids too. We had golf ball size hail wreck shop too. My truck looks like it got a shotgun blast with giant pellets.
Sorry to hear about that buddy.
Glad everyone is doing well.
Must not have hit our friends in north Houston burbs, they didn't say anything about it.

Choosing a 08s over a Makita 6421!!! What on the earth. Granted I have never run the 08s but the Makita is amazing, especially with the 7910 upgrade.
And even better when ported:chainsaw:.
Now that shore ist 'bout purdy. I told my wife that you get to bring saws in the house.. She did not have anything nice to say. This one I brought home today. Sitting on my tablesaw instead of dining room table.. Go figureView attachment 643598
That's just not right.
Just happen to be working on a few things on the kitchen table earlier and took a few pictures :).
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 8.31.03 AM.png

Some one on the other not to be mentioned site was working on getting some custom reeds made up. I drew up a cad file for him, and last I heard he was trying to get them cut out on the waterjet or laser table out of reed material for the mac cart motors. I am curious as how that went and will have to ask. As long as you have a dxf. file (I believe) most shops can cut it out for you.
Well luckily all the hard work is done by boyesen lol, but I'll keep that in mind in the future, since I do some drafting for a living it would be easy to get the files to a machine shop, I really need to get my bucking spikes drafted up, but I've been so busy with other projects

My original use was for some dogs also, as I got the means to make files, but I just need access to some equipment. Hardest part is doing a large enough run at a shop to make cost efficient vs find some used dogs or just make a one off set at home.

Ok guys, I need a crankcase splitting tool for an upcoming build on a makita 6421. What do you guys use? I know I could buy one, but that's more than I care to spend right now. Anyone have any success with the kits I have seen on the bay? Has anyone made one, which is what I am leaning towards since I can easily weld some stuff together?

One nice thing about the Midwest, there are very few deadly snakes.
Middle Washington get rattlers, but very few trees. We watch out for bears in Eastern Washington and idaho. about the time saw won't start no matter how hard or fast you be pulling. And Smokey gaining ground every tug.

Back