Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, ya'll suck! Still got the same number of saws as I did over easter break. Slowly figuring out what I'm doing the makita 6421-6401 saws and have a plan to get at least one of em running. Trying to keep the collection to a minimum from now on, probably going to end up selling a few actually as I want to get into some other stuff outside of saws.

Yea it's cool but, I haven't even decided if I was going to keep it, I've been trying to sell saws and I have so many projects already lol

I haven't messed with a saw for 3 weeks. Been messing with my old 1989 Yamaha Zuma cw50. It has been sitting for two years. Decided to get it running, well I didn't know I had brake problems till I went to turn around, long story short, busted my rib. Well this weekend I fixed the front brake, no more locking down. Got the scooter pegging the speedo again and it stops at 40. Now I'm looking at a 70cc big bore kit and racing exhaust system, and new body parts that got busted off on my 3 mph wreck on slick grass.

Steve

Oh no Steve!!! Don't be hurting yourself now! Also, why are we stopping with a 70cc bb kit? Why not something more in line with 90cc or 120? Something a little more manageable to handle I believe.
70cc is the biggest they make for this 2 stroke. Of course have to rejet carb and possible reed valve upgrade. They do make different 70cc kits, normal, sport and race. Also make different final drive gearing, clutches, primary pulley drives and rollers.

Steve

I think my slant fin ms440 is going to look good. The huztl bearings hang up after half a turn , so I will use oem bearings
15d9b98c76649eb2a89bbf129b48b2a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got no clue how much oem bearings are for the stihl's but on my makita project, I'm going to go with a good quality bearings and seals from mcmaster, since I don't fancy spending $20 on one bearing alone. Shouldn't cost me more than $20 shipped for a bearings and a couple of seals.

I got no clue how much oem bearings are for the stihl's but on my makita project, I'm going to go with a good quality bearings and seals from mcmaster, since I don't fancy spending $20 on one bearing alone. Shouldn't cost me more than $20 shipped for a bearings and a couple of seals.

Flywheel side is a 6202 c3 from eBay. (Nachi quest bearings work well and are $5 shipped) clutch side is $13 and change at the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcomed in a few more refuges this week.
Bought the Remington,he had another group of 8 saws and after a week he had no takers so he was going to trash them.I rescued the Pioneer and the Farmcrest (Homelite) the rest weren't worth the freight or agro from the misses.
The Remington is a Pro88G with a Remington roller nose bar,probably original looks in nice shape under the grime.The paint is falling off of course.Pioneer P40 in fair shape and the farmcrest is a Homelite 600D.
Have a IEL Super 51 on it's way.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 30
Got this 181se the other day ,one owner original ,will need a clutch drum down the track but is in very good condition for age.
I'M taking it out tomorrow and sinking it into a big wind blown Gumtree.
0c5036095f50b7126598c1d9770140d0.jpg
c7575cfad4807a9602de36a0a6cb7556.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
That's a beaut! Looks like mine! But I pulled the muffler on mine the other day and it shows signs of carbon staining/scoring from overheating, check your carb nipple before you run it, if it moves replace it, or you run the risk of it sucking air.

That's a beaut! Looks like mine! But I pulled the muffler on mine the other day and it shows signs of carbon staining/scoring from overheating, check your carb nipple before you run it, if it moves replace it, or you run the risk of it sucking air.
Good info thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Going to the largest swap meet in the Midwest, and visiting a dude with thousands of chainsaws on the way up.
[emoji1][emoji41][emoji57]
So, I went to this swap meet again this year, and picked up 4 more saws, a Mac 1-10, a 7-10, a Homelite XL100 series and a parts Remington PL-4.
While I was there, I got talking to a tractor parts vender who said that there's a bigger flea market/swap meet in Indiana. Apparently (from what he told me) it has somewhere around 9000 vender spots.

Don't remember from who or where I heard that the Le Sueur swap meet is the largest in the Midwest, but that is not true. Its big, but there are bigger. Wanted to come on here and correct my previous statement.

Oh, ya, that dude that said he had thousands of saws, only had a couple hundred on hand.

Moral of this story, don't believe everything you hear. Another moral could be, trust no one, question everything.
There, I feel better now. LOL.

Anybody else have any recent flea market or garage sale finds?

Oh yeah, the Le Seur swap meet was not long ago. I wanted to go this year but it was too close to finals. Maybe next year. No new finds for me lately. Almost done with the semester so I am looking forward to wrenching on the the old saws again. Got a crankcase swap for the partner cut-off saw to do this coming weekend.

Back