Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those aluminum deck lawnboys are unbeatable. I sold many of them in college when I managed a Ace hardware store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You ought to try a magnesium deck lawn boy...I got one cheap and use it a lot, I think the deck is on it's third engine by now. You can tell the difference in the weight easily!

You ought to try a magnesium deck lawn boy...I got one cheap and use it a lot, I think the deck is on it's third engine by now. You can tell the difference in the weight easily!

Is it the two stroke engine or four stroke ? The two stroke engines were the best

You think it's worth doing anything with it? Like getting it going and fresh coat of paint. Maybe a teardown first? None of my saws are that old, but close. 1957 is my oldest Mac
Some people like them, some don't, they are a very unique saw but I have seen where they can be difficult to get running

Some people like them, some don't, they are a very unique saw but I have seen where they can be difficult to get running
At first glance I thought not worth it because I have a David Bradley that the shell has been eaten away. But a closer look and feel said to me the casing is Smooth as glass..no bolts are missing. I might just take a chance.. Sometimes it works out, and other times it's a shelf Queen. I can at the very least get it in out of the weather. Thanks for the input. I really do appreciate it. Cheers. K

I bought a modern saw and it got damaged during shipment due to poor packaging. It was very disappointing to see.
c694c0ec6db6438ad7caa27dab1bd4e0.jpg
fbcb8b5483f789bacffd794045f4735c.jpg

Latest posts

Back