Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like my Sears Ranger, made by Roper.
5db7517038c281f7ff7784e32e67881f.jpg
847c2da714db69c629f5cf39684b3373.jpg
c57adc8113afe90d2192ae4d13a104f8.jpg

Steve

Looks like my Sears Ranger, made by Roper.
5db7517038c281f7ff7784e32e67881f.jpg
847c2da714db69c629f5cf39684b3373.jpg
c57adc8113afe90d2192ae4d13a104f8.jpg

Steve
It sure does. I looked clear through the ROPER area at C.C.C. found a couple 3.7s but numbers weren't close, and no pics.. And never found a reference to the 17" bar.. I guess I'll pull standard maintenance and check it's vitals. Pour a little oil down it's "S" hole, pull da rope a few times, let it sit for a while, then give her a go.. I'll be putting my 3rd Tilly on the Homey 1050.. Beginning to think it's not the carb.. Have a definite gas flow problem somewhere. Let the chase begin.. Thanks for the ROPER pics.. My other 3.7 ROPER must be much older.. Way heavier

Here are some new members of my herd...
First is a sweet Model 21 PM Canadien.It is in original condition.Came with a bunch of stuff like the complete field repair kit,the plastic that the bar was warped in and a can of oil.Very low use saw,the decals are paper and are still in good condition,hardly any wear on the sprocket.View attachment 656858 View attachment 656859
Didn't see it until now, but not only does the saw find make this a you suck, but so does that backdrop! :surprised3: So beautiful, it almost doesn't look real!

Well long time coming guys, finally getting going on some saw projects. Got a bug to work on the makita project saw I got myself into. Got the cases split and found one blown bearing and one on the way out. So...next issue is that the shaft on the one is worn bad where the clutch drum rides, causing a lot of slop. Trying not to use this shaft if possible. The other crankshaft for this model is good, but the bearing surface on the rod for the flywheel side is a bit worn where the bearing was spun. Not a lot of wear maybe a thousand not even, but enough where I can slide that bearing on the shaft by hand without much effort. What do you guys suggest to fix that minor wear on shaft where the bearing sits? Will locktite do enough, what about dimpling the shaft a little bit? I don't want to get another crank-shaft as I have already spent enough so far on these saws. Also, why does dolmar have to make a saw with standard bearings and seals except for the flywheel side seal? Common size is 15x26mm seal, but no they have to use a 15x24mm seal. Guess they wanted to be special... Feels good to finally get to back to these saws.

Well long time coming guys, finally getting going on some saw projects. Got a bug to work on the makita project saw I got myself into. Got the cases split and found one blown bearing and one on the way out. So...next issue is that the shaft on the one is worn bad where the clutch drum rides, causing a lot of slop. Trying not to use this shaft if possible. The other crankshaft for this model is good, but the bearing surface on the rod for the flywheel side is a bit worn where the bearing was spun. Not a lot of wear maybe a thousand not even, but enough where I can slide that bearing on the shaft by hand without much effort. What do you guys suggest to fix that minor wear on shaft where the bearing sits? Will locktite do enough, what about dimpling the shaft a little bit? I don't want to get another crank-shaft as I have already spent enough so far on these saws. Also, why does dolmar have to make a saw with standard bearings and seals except for the flywheel side seal? Common size is 15x26mm seal, but no they have to use a 15x24mm seal. Guess they wanted to be special... Feels good to finally get to back to these saws.
Wouldn't try loctite, don't know if knurling the shaft some would work, might get off center for the crank bearing.

Steve

Didn't see it until now, but not only does the saw find make this a you suck, but so does that backdrop! :surprised3: So beautiful, it almost doesn't look real!
Thats the view from the front of my shop. It's for sale after 20 yrs.40x80 it's going to be hard to say goodby.My shop at home is 20 x 30 seems tiny now. Can't even fit all my tools in it.The first thing i bought when my wife told me we had to sell our business was a 53 ft van for my stuff.

Help. Gotta Stihl 44 that runs pretty good till turned on it's side.. Dies immediately.. Crank seals? Loose nut behind controls?

Latest posts

Back