Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a chainsaw persay, but still a saw. Finally realised my dodo mistake as to why I thought the case I bought on ebay needed new bearings and seals. Had to do with the oiler hole in the crankshaft to lubercate the clutch bearing. So I finally finished swapping over the parts last weekend. Runs strong and cuts metal like butter. Only big thing left to do is make some bushings for the rear handle to take more of the slop out as these saws seem to wear really badly with the mounting bolts on the rear handle.
420eb130db9077509b42b3272fb0de81.jpg

Would you say the bow bar is more for clearing brush and small trees than bucking up? This was life before the brush and clearing saws (heavy duty weed wackers with a circular saw blade.

Would you say the bow bar is more for clearing brush and small trees than bucking up? This was life before the brush and clearing saws (heavy duty weed wackers with a circular saw blade.
The bow was specifically designed to buck logs on the ground, it was improved by Claude Poulan for smaller saws to buck pulpwood without having to bend over or the saw becoming pinched, it was in no way designed to limb, clear brush, or to cut down any type of tree no matter the size, the brush bow came later, but do see how its any better than using a regular bar for small brush, maybe just because it can be operated without having to bend over.

Im assuming it was something that was knocked loose when I took out the original tree, it hung up in another tree I was working on getting it cleaned up, I had looked at the top already but made a rookie mistake and didn't look up on the other side of the tree where I was working and when I cut a big branch the tree I was cutting shifted and I guess bumped the tree the branch was broken in and it fell out.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Scary $h!t there, get well soon. Same thing for me last winter but it only got my left shoulder and collar bone. 2-300lb live wet red oak chunk missed my unprotected head by a inch or 2. Stuff happens so fast, I had no idea it was comin. I was a groundie tending ropes when I got hit.

Latest posts

Back